The Reason I Breathe (Ashes for Dreams)

• 22 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 10:14:19 PM »
Thanks so much @crystalsuzy .. you are always so kind! Really chuffed that you like it..

Look forward to hearing more of your music... :)

K

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2021, 10:35:15 PM »
Congrats on 30 songs together guys!!🥳🏆 That’s really quite the accomplishment! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 of course the real accomplishment is that there’s not a naff one among ‘em!🤩🤩👍🏻

This is fab! Yep, I too like the jazzy change up and how it all goes off at the end….that’s great arranging. No nits from me this time…just enjoyed listening.😄🍻🍻

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2022, 10:08:11 PM »
Hi, sorry I'm slow to get to this one.  Standouts for me were 1) the sounds of the guitars (the acoustic sounds fantastic, as does that 'surf guitar' / 'spy movie' guitar thing you've got going on), 2) the dynamics of the track overall (plenty of cliffs and troughs, sometimes changing gear in clever and unexpected places), 3) the bravery & vision to have a complete change of mood and tone in the middle jazz section (it works).  I think I'd agree with Pete on the fade out, but then, I'm apparently allergic to fade-outs.  Congratulations on the big 3-0 guys, keep going for the century...
It's all too beautiful.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 05:07:47 PM »
@MonnoDB @Jambrains

Well guys, I see your quality hasn't deteriorated in the time I've been absent from the site. Star quality performances and great production, as expected. Loved the jazz hand-brake turn, that was a nice touch.The guitar outro had a touch of Jimmy Page about it, which is always good!

Excellent!

Jamie

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 05:47:14 PM »
I first listened to this one a few weeks ago. It blew my skirt up then and still does.

I could witter on about quality and class,but when it comes down to it Karen,you and Johan have a special musical understanding and everything works so well.

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2022, 01:26:14 PM »
Beautiful and pure love confession.
Beautiful neatly performed vocal part with very gentle backing vocals that pleasing ears.
The song is gradually filling with a rock sound and I love it.

Maya

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2022, 11:42:34 PM »
Final bump to say thanks before I let this finally sink :)

@Maya Clars thank you !
@Skub - ah that skirt again :) !! You'd wanna watch that in this cold weather! Thanks - and great to see you around these parts again!
@Jamie - hello stranger and welcome back! Thanks for those great comments..
@PaulyX - muchos gracias!
@LostBoy how lovely of you to say... Thank you!

K

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2022, 09:27:25 PM »
I've been wanting to get to this one forever and now it looks like all the really nice complimentary things I would like to say have been said!   ;D   I always, always, always love your vocals and the production never fails to inspire a bit of envy in me. Awesome work!