konalavadome

Final Moments

• 15 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: November 11, 2021, 09:28:52 AM »
Once upon a time there were two young girls, they went to the park and fancied doing some sun bathing and maybe go for a swim.

They put their towels and bags down and got settled, as they were beginning to really relax, one heard a guy that had a broken arm struggling to hitch his boat to his car, she helped him, He grabbed her and threw her in his car, drove him to a forest gagged and tied her to a tree.

He then returned to the same park, did the same with the other girl, this time he raped and murdered her right in front of the first girl, then he raped and murdered the first girl.

That first girl was Janice Ott, the man was Ted Bundy.

I can't begin to imagine how scared Janice felt.

I wonder how it was with Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells.

May all the girls rest in peace, along with all victims of violence.

This song is dedicated to Janice.

Please excuse my dodgy playing.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 09:41:17 AM by cowparsleyman »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 08:56:37 PM »
Nit: You apologized for your playing.

I love piano; I don't care for the background story, but then, who would? It happened and it's horrible. I hear a memorial to the victims in this piece. If it had to do with the event itself specifically, I would expect a lot of noise and harsh sounds. I prefer your approach, so that's good. In my opinion.

I don't have any real feedback, but I wanted to respond in general. I like it.

Tolo

• Busker
  • ...where words leave off, music begins...
    • Tony Lowther
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 06:13:57 AM »
Beautifully fragile - and clearly full of melancholy... it builds nicely, in layers, but never too much as to spoil the essence and sparseness of it... it is almost like a cleansing of the evil.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 02:21:58 PM »
Hola @cowparsleyman

The event that you narrate was terrible and it still is when it is remembered. This keeps happening from time to time, a ghastly repetition ...
Your piano has made me sad, do not think that because of how you have played it but because of the sadness it transmits
I join your tribute.

Stay well

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Theatreman

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 05:34:13 PM »
Some really heartfelt piano playing there. Very moving. I enjoyed the melody and the dissonance.

Bostonfan2

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 05:04:05 AM »
@cowparsleyman  Its beautiful. A wonderful dedication to innocence tragically lost.
The playing sounds perfect to me for this , well done !!!

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 08:56:05 AM »
@cowparsleyman  just how many strings do you have to your bow?!😁 It’s a beautiful piece, there’s a real sense of peace in this, like the clouds drawing back to reveal the sun…👍
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2021, 12:06:07 PM »
Uhh.. So sad description.. It seems to me that the melody does not fit this description.
I hear major tones with a slight melancholic pieces in this, but I don't hear "May all the girls rest in peace, along with all victims of violence."
It's scary that things like this happen in the world. I think there is a discrepancy between the light major theme and this awful description, but that's just my opinion.

Maya

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 07:04:56 PM »
Thanks to all that were brave enough to listen.

For such a personal, niche subject I was truly moved by the emotions it evoked,

@Maya Clars - I understand that it didn’t work for you, that’s cool…it’s a tribute to Janice, not an interpretation of how awful it was.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2021, 12:09:20 PM »
@cowparsleyman Hi Rich, it's beautiful.  I know what @Maya Clars is saying but I didn't listen tom it and feel happy, but then I didn't listen to it and feel sad, I think it caught the mood perfectly.

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2021, 09:06:27 PM »
I've listened to this a few times now @cowparsleyman since you posted it... It's poignant and full of feeling.. such a sad sad story .. just heartbreaking..

I think you did a great job conveying that.. the title matches the song.

K

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 08:08:23 AM »
Thanks again to those that took the time to listen to this.

@PeteS and @MonnoDB - Thanks Karen and Pete, your comments are much appreciated.

I just wish I could play it properly

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 11:35:34 PM »
Hey CPM, I thought it was a really pretty, timeless piece... without the commentary I would have got vibes of tranquility and hope from it I think.  I like the way it meanders - it doesn't repeat much.  I'd like to think of it soundtracking a mountain stream in sunlight, in a nature documentary.
Bundy - yeah I watched a documentary about him this year... scariest psychopath I can think of, coz ostensibly he seemed so preppy, middle class and clean cut.  Makes you shiver.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 11:34:52 AM »
This really caught my attention.

I tried to capture that exact feeling about The Worlds End murders in Edinburgh 1977…at least one of the two girls there must have that exact feeling of horror when they realised what was about to happen to them…and there was no escape.

I thought the music was superb. I didn’t find it sad or dark, really. The thing about this is that - as foolish as it might sound - it sends some love out into the ether - and who knows how and where that could be picked up on…and how lovely is it that someone would do all of that just to say something incommunicable to someone who’s gone?

Thanks for writing and posting this, Rich...I loved it.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2021, 01:31:42 PM »
@PaulyX and @PaulAds - I can't tell you how much I'm touched by your words.. the first mix was much longer, then I thought about it and it really felt like it was unnecessary, I'm no pianist, but I couldn't express these feeling on a guitar, it just needed a piano.

I wanted to really scream out to the Ether that I really cared about these girls, and that at least one person on this earth who never knew them is still virtually signing their virtual book of rememberance, the are not forgotten. It doesn't sound foolish at all Paul, very sensitive.

Many years ago I was meandering through the National Gallery, when I saw a painting that stopped me in my tracks, I just stared at it for 30 minutes, just soaking it in. I had broken sleep for many nights after, I then went and bought some Oil paints, brushes, canvas, made an easel,  and spent the next 6 weeks painting what I saw. It was alright, but no masterpiece. Many years later I gave it to my Aunt who is a Nun on Holy Island. The painting was "St Francis in Meditation" by the Spanish painter Francisco de Zurberan. Sometimes I'm deeply affected by things.