A tribute to grunge part 1

• 3 Replies

4Below

« on: November 08, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »
A few months ago I decided to put together an EP paying tribute to the grunge music I grew up on
called '91 it marks a special year in my life as far as music goes. I was 16 and grunge really cemented my love of  music and being a musician. It started life long love affair with many bands.
My first acknowledgement is Nirvana - they were perhaps not my favourite band of the era but definitely a gateway band that led me to others. Having said that I listened to nevermind to death when it first came out, I knew every lyric and every note on it.
I never set out to copy these bands but rather picked apart their songs, the instrumentation, the lyric themes etc and tried to build songs in a similar manner. This turned out way more polished than I envisaged but in a spare room recording situation where everything is digital and processed it was hard to get it to sound as lo fi as I wanted.

Anyway this is Patience

https://open.spotify.com/track/0ZmXWQHlx09eO1AeAsFRZe?si=36938bd4600b4fc8

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 05:59:50 PM »
Hola @4Below

Great tribute and good production. Now everything audiovisual is digital, I also lived the world of groups, the endless recording nights in which the only one who stayed up at 7 in the morning the next day was the sound technician. ... But I am very grateful for the speed of digital, everything goes so fast ... So creators can grasp the rhythm of the world around us well, although I understand your longing.
I think you have achieved a good result and there are plenty of comparisons.

Stay well
Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 11:06:01 PM »
This is cool! Very nice grunge tribute.  I could definitely hear Soundgarden & Screaming Trees in it... bits of Nirvana's Bleach album too in that lovely scuzzy guitar sound.  Neat video too.  I liked the ascending vocal melodies that precede the choruses.  Top stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »
Very cool @4Below but then I don’t remember ever hearing anything from you that I don’t like!! Great overall sound and perfect homage… but with the Scottish flavour that sets it apart / i know I often mention this but it’s because it really appeals to me.

Fab!