"One Day, Two Hearts"

• 25 Replies

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2021, 01:20:18 PM »
some distortion is obvious that being said I still could have felt  mood of which you'd wanted this song to take it's listeners. It is a  romantic song, harmonics, wonderful to my ears. the arrangement top.

I think might work for weddings.

Glad I had the chance to hear your song Tom

Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2021, 09:01:39 PM »
What a gorgeous folky number @IronKnee .. Most of all, I love the words and you've done them great service with that lovely melody - the vox enhanced by lovely BVs are a treat for the ears...

A very touching song.. just beautiful!

K

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2021, 08:56:35 PM »
Hey T|om

Lovely song - great pickin and singing too!
I'm not a big fan of doubled vocals and I too hear some distortion in the right channel, but apart from that I really enjoyed this. CSNY came to mind in the chorus. :D

cheers
Paul

Thank you, Paul
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2021, 08:57:59 PM »
some distortion is obvious that being said I still could have felt  mood of which you'd wanted this song to take it's listeners. It is a  romantic song, harmonics, wonderful to my ears. the arrangement top.

I think might work for weddings.

Glad I had the chance to hear your song Tom

Thanks Irwin!!

What a gorgeous folky number @IronKnee .. Most of all, I love the words and you've done them great service with that lovely melody - the vox enhanced by lovely BVs are a treat for the ears...

A very touching song.. just beautiful!

K

Thanks MonnoDB...........you are very kind!
                                                          -IronKnee

Fletch

• Busker
  • So this is me...
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 09:36:21 AM »
Love the Guitar work... Very sweet...  :)

Lyrics and Melody really cool...  8)

Inspiring...  :)

Great tune @IronKnee  :)
Just telling a few little stories...

Soundcloud... https://soundcloud.com/fletch-871251035

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2021, 11:47:53 AM »
Hello Tom,

Great simplicity here.  For me the highlight is the meticulous acoustic playing.  I always admire that you take time to add backing vocals which further enhance your music.  I can almost hear strings, though I’m not sure if they are there or if there is just a suggestion.  I think that your songs would fly with a clearer recording including one or two production additions. 

Thank you for sharing your work.

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2021, 03:40:37 PM »
Beautifully crafted @IronKnee This could have come straight out of the 60s. Loved the close vocal harmonies and lovely acoustic backing

bigFishAndTheSmallPondets

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2022, 08:57:32 AM »
I posted a reply to this already but somehow I think it got lost. :(

Apologies if both replies show up - although, saying it twice is not a bad thing. This song deserves repeated mentions as it's a gem.

OK, let's try that again...

I'm a great fan of Crosby, Stills and Nash. I can't help hearing them as an influence in this song. It sounds to me particularly reminiscent of the softer more melodic folky songs that Stephen Stills has a particular talent for. Are you also a fan of CSN(Y)? Do hope you'll take this as a compliment. Measuring up to CSN(Y) is, in my own opinion, a sign of great enduring talent.

Such a touching emotional piece of music that surely cannot be faked. You can really hear the devotion in this piece.

It is as though, in all the universe, you have found the one thing that truly matters to you.

So beautiful.

Hi All........hope you all like this. As always, all comments are welcome, while first impressions are most welcome.
Thank you all........
                                  -Tom

“One Day, Two Hearts”

Words & Music  By Tom Tognaci

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10624668

One look,
One breath,
That’s how it all had begun
One heart,
One love,
No number as lonely as one
One wish,
One day,
Two hearts will beat as one

Be still,
Take care,
Spring smells sweet in the air
Your time,
Will come,
Enjoy the time taking you there
One wish,
One day,

Be still my child…you’ve awoken
The green still colors your eyes
Your heart’s unbridled, nor broken
‘Till now, it’s all been dreams and butterflies

One moon,
One sun,
A million stars hum along
One chorus,
One verse,
Heaven has now heard your song
One wish,
One day,

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2022, 11:23:32 PM »
Hi, I was on the Forum much in December so had missed this one, so glad BigFish brought it back to the thread top page... because WOW, that's such a great track.  Really really sweet vocals - as many others have said, all the beauty of S&G or CSNY... those lovely sepia-tinged, Laurel Canyon harmonies are right up my alley.  Bravo on this... just lovely.  A cup of cocoa for the ears.
It's all too beautiful.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2022, 01:43:32 PM »
@IronKnee

Hi Tom, before I scrolled through the comments I heard a Graham Nash/David Crosby vibe to the harmonies. Beautifully sung and the guitar playing is also very nice, sorry I missed this one before!

Excellent

Jamie

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
I posted a reply to this already but somehow I think it got lost. :(

Apologies if both replies show up - although, saying it twice is not a bad thing. This song deserves repeated mentions as it's a gem.

OK, let's try that again...

I'm a great fan of Crosby, Stills and Nash. I can't help hearing them as an influence in this song. It sounds to me particularly reminiscent of the softer more melodic folky songs that Stephen Stills has a particular talent for. Are you also a fan of CSN(Y)? Do hope you'll take this as a compliment. Measuring up to CSN(Y) is, in my own opinion, a sign of great enduring talent.

Such a touching emotional piece of music that surely cannot be faked. You can really hear the devotion in this piece.

It is as though, in all the universe, you have found the one thing that truly matters to you.

So beautiful.

Hi, I was on the Forum much in December so had missed this one, so glad BigFish brought it back to the thread top page... because WOW, that's such a great track.  Really really sweet vocals - as many others have said, all the beauty of S&G or CSNY... those lovely sepia-tinged, Laurel Canyon harmonies are right up my alley.  Bravo on this... just lovely.  A cup of cocoa for the ears.

@IronKnee

Hi Tom, before I scrolled through the comments I heard a Graham Nash/David Crosby vibe to the harmonies. Beautifully sung and the guitar playing is also very nice, sorry I missed this one before!

Excellent

Jamie

Thanks guys for bringing this back. This, like so many, is one of my favorites because of the "place" I was in that moment of time. It was a good place.

I've taken a bit of a hiatus, trying to find this place to express these new surroundings that I find myself in. It's hard to write about the gentler side of love when so many have hardened their hearts.
Thanks again............have fun!!

-IronKnee