"One Day, Two Hearts"

• 25 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: November 03, 2021, 06:29:55 AM »
Hi All........hope you all like this. As always, all comments are welcome, while first impressions are most welcome.
Thank you all........
                                  -Tom

“One Day, Two Hearts”

Words & Music  By Tom Tognaci

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10624668

One look,
One breath,
That’s how it all had begun
One heart,
One love,
No number as lonely as one
One wish,
One day,
Two hearts will beat as one

Be still,
Take care,
Spring smells sweet in the air
Your time,
Will come,
Enjoy the time taking you there
One wish,
One day,

Be still my child…you’ve awoken
The green still colors your eyes
Your heart’s unbridled, nor broken
‘Till now, it’s all been dreams and butterflies

One moon,
One sun,
A million stars hum along
One chorus,
One verse,
Heaven has now heard your song
One wish,
One day,
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 08:27:16 PM »
Hola @IronKnee

I have really enjoyed listening to your song, I really like both voices, the timbral sound of Simon & Garfunker has reminded me.

Very sweet but defined the sound of the guitars, good recording, all good, and the lyrics are moving.
Muy buena

Stay well
Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 03:02:08 PM »
That's a lovely song
Has some intriguing moments
Seems effortlessly played
A complex message, eventually hopeful
Somehow earthy. Refreshing..

I really enjoyed that listen 
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 06:04:39 PM »
@IronKnee  beautiful harmonies! Is this you singing with yourself? Beautiful. A lovely melody too, there’s a little sadness in this that stops it becoming saccharine, simple but perfectly judged in composition and production👏👏👏
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 04:32:32 PM »
Hola @IronKnee

I have really enjoyed listening to your song, I really like both voices, the timbral sound of Simon & Garfunker has reminded me.

Very sweet but defined the sound of the guitars, good recording, all good, and the lyrics are moving.
Muy buena

Stay well
Mora
Thanks M...........lovely to hear from you. Thanks so much!

That's a lovely song
Has some intriguing moments
Seems effortlessly played
A complex message, eventually hopeful
Somehow earthy. Refreshing..

I really enjoyed that listen 
Thanks, Rightly.........always nice to hear from you.

@IronKnee  beautiful harmonies! Is this you singing with yourself? Beautiful. A lovely melody too, there’s a little sadness in this that stops it becoming saccharine, simple but perfectly judged in composition and production👏👏👏

Thanks MMM...........I really appreciate it. I love the writing aspect, best of all. The performing is a close second on the rung of my passion. Production / recording is the aspect that sometimes becomes a frustrating toil. I'm glad it all turned out alright.
Thanks for stopping by,
                                            -T
                                                          -IronKnee

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 10:51:09 PM »
Nice work Tom! It’s easy on the ears. I like the dynamic shift of the panned vocals and then the narrower Vox later on, that’s a great arrangement choice.😄👍🏻 I hear Simon & Garfunkel and John Denver aswell. I love the harmonies and your playing is always good. 😄👍🏻

Theatreman

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »
Wonderful clean guitar work, folky harmonies and the sweetest melody. Very reminiscent of Simon and Garfunkel - as I'm sure others will have mentioned - but none the worse for that. Beautiful!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 11:04:25 AM »
Hi Tom,

This transports me to a 60's folk festival.  Lovely harmonies with influences that appear to spring from Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.  A lovely gentle song tha harks back to a bygone age.  Simply lovely!

Paul 

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 05:44:05 AM »
Nice work Tom! It’s easy on the ears. I like the dynamic shift of the panned vocals and then the narrower Vox later on, that’s a great arrangement choice.😄👍🏻 I hear Simon & Garfunkel and John Denver aswell. I love the harmonies and your playing is always good. 😄👍🏻
Thanks Lostboy, my recordings are usually done by the seat of my pants. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. I'm glad you liked it.
Thanks!

Wonderful clean guitar work, folky harmonies and the sweetest melody. Very reminiscent of Simon and Garfunkel - as I'm sure others will have mentioned - but none the worse for that. Beautiful!

Hi Theatreman......that's what I was going for..............thanks!!

Hi Tom,

This transports me to a 60's folk festival.  Lovely harmonies with influences that appear to spring from Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel.  A lovely gentle song tha harks back to a bygone age.  Simply lovely!

Paul 

And thank you Paul.........I appreciate you stopping by for a listen and a comment!
                                                          -IronKnee

Tolo

• Busker
  • ...where words leave off, music begins...
    • Tony Lowther
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 06:38:00 AM »
Absolutely beautiful acoustic guitar Tom - both tone and playing. I love the fact that you can hear your fingers on the frets. You voice is also as good as I have ever heard it - and I really like the slight delay you have on the main vocal. Lovely harmonies - yes, kind of S&G but also something of seaside English folkness (if that is even a word) to the arrangement. Really enjoyed it.

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »
A beautiful romantic song, high-quality vocals and back vocals. Beautiful harmonics! I really liked the lyrics.
I may be wrong, but in the middle of the song I hear a slight distortion on the vocals (in the right channel).
And I would make the beginning of the song softer, the first guitar sound is a little harsh for my taste.
But in general - a very beautiful song!

Maya

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 07:53:27 PM »
Absolutely beautiful acoustic guitar Tom - both tone and playing. I love the fact that you can hear your fingers on the frets. You voice is also as good as I have ever heard it - and I really like the slight delay you have on the main vocal. Lovely harmonies - yes, kind of S&G but also something of seaside English folkness (if that is even a word) to the arrangement. Really enjoyed it.
Thanks Tolo........I appreciate it!!

A beautiful romantic song, high-quality vocals and back vocals. Beautiful harmonics! I really liked the lyrics.
I may be wrong, but in the middle of the song I hear a slight distortion on the vocals (in the right channel).
And I would make the beginning of the song softer, the first guitar sound is a little harsh for my taste.
But in general - a very beautiful song!

Maya

Thanks Maya...........;-)
                                                          -IronKnee

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 07:00:24 AM »
Hi Tom. That's a great song. Beautifully played and sung. I love the arrangement and the mix, but most of all the melody. A simple and seemingly recognizable melody that actually is new (as far as I know) and thus taps into the lovely area between the new and the familiar. Some nice lyrics, too, so overall a winner! Derek
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2021, 06:37:43 PM »
Hi Tom. That's a great song. Beautifully played and sung. I love the arrangement and the mix, but most of all the melody. A simple and seemingly recognizable melody that actually is new (as far as I know) and thus taps into the lovely area between the new and the familiar. Some nice lyrics, too, so overall a winner! Derek

Thanks Delboy..........so nice to hear from you.
So how is your own writing going? It's been a long while since you've posted. I've missed your video performances.
Take care...........and keep in touch!!
                                                            -T
                                                          -IronKnee

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2021, 03:10:55 AM »
Hey T|om

Lovely song - great pickin and singing too!
I'm not a big fan of doubled vocals and I too hear some distortion in the right channel, but apart from that I really enjoyed this. CSNY came to mind in the chorus. :D

cheers
Paul