Trying to kill a dead man

• 17 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2021, 09:10:21 PM »
Great title - and I LOVE the descending melody line on that chorus @man made material ...

As one who writes on dark themes a lot, the lyric really appeals to me. Production is fab - organ / synths are super with those underpinning arpeggiator sounds.. Really love it..

I don't think you've posted anything I haven't really liked so no surprise really that this one appeals to me greatly..

Beautifully executed!

K

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 03:53:52 PM »
Hi MMM,

Great intro.

Song sounded like a mash up of many of my own influences; Muse in that repeating synth line, early 80s synth band vocals - got a bit of Phil Oakley in the verses. :)
Wasn't so keen on the chorus vocal processing.

Really liked the song though

Digger

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 11:43:44 PM »
I found this really fascinating...

First off - I really like the lyrics...I'm a miserable bastard - so I fell in straight away.

The wobbly intro made me feel a bit funny...maybe it was because I was listening with headphones...I don't know. Great and bold choice of sounds, though...very interesting.

I don't know how you managed to pitch the vocals in this...or even play it...it sounds to me like it's jumping around different keys and discombobulated me a little...I'm quite a traditional sort of fella, I think...and it was possibly a little out of my comfort zone. Even the well-worn "moving up the guitar/bass neck a semitone" is enough to make me feel seasick!

Anyway...I'm really pleased that you could be getting back into it...as you're presence here is very much appreciated...you've given us a lot of great songs...long may it continue.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter