konalavadome

Mastering

• 2 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 19, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »
Hello you lot. Another absentee rears his ugly head.

I join the club of those for whom inspiration has hit a new low. There are a few other factors not least of which is my worsening tinnitus which keeps me mostly away from the headphones these days....years of noise abuse....chainsaws (of course 30+ years ago we never wore protective gear like the idiots we were), wood chippers and of course.....headphones...not to mention those long ago Budgie gigs at Skindells where we fought to have our heads right in the speakers.

So all I do now is fiddle around with my old stuff a bit.
I managed to blag a free master of a track purportedly done on good analog gear in a real studio which does sound great to me on my headphones but I have no other way of listening to anything so who knows.
I'm hoping some of you far more expert ears can tell me what you think of the quality. I already posted my 'self-mastered' version a couple of years ago or so.
Of course he only had my mix to work with but I think it was pretty good.

Soundcloud will have done their thing to it whatever that might be so I'll post the wav up on Dropbox too....you can even get a free download!

https://soundcloud.com/cramer1930/dttmasteredcl/s-v1LoNEnglPS?si=351900aedcba4ab3a3a905be8325fa0d

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o91wxzn2m4lu2bg/DTTmasteredCL.wav?dl=0

If any of you have the time I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 07:23:28 PM »
@Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra - Welcome back Man…I’ve missed your alterations in the theatre headlines…i remember that track, it Stands the test of time well, right up my street, cool lounge vibe.

As for the master, id need the before and after mix, as you say, away from SC , did you give the studio a brief of what you wAnted?

As long as you like what was done…do you know what they did…what analogue gear did they use?

Curious indeed…

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 09:26:27 PM »
Hi Rich
No I don't know the spec of any of the gear used. I've no reason to doubt him. In fact I have every reason to be grateful to him for what was, after all, a very cheeky request on my behalf! He adored the song,he said, so maybe that's why he did it.
He provided me with a short report of a few issues which needed addressing.
Yes, I think it sounds great but don't have a good system nor am I able to listen to it at any volume but it sounds fine to me.
I'm perhaps overthinking all this because no doubt most people don't listen to stuff on system any more anyway....probably on their bloody mobiles.
No, I didn't brief him on anything....well, just make it sound good would have been all anyway!
Oh yeah I forgot to also put the question out there.....what the hell genre would you call this?
thanks for listening man.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer