Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Iridium (Does it Chug? mix) Heavy metal by CPM

(1/3) > >>

cowparsleyman:
For those of you that know winning HipHop on the Wheel of Genre, was a turning point for me, the only other genre I would have winced nearly as much would have been metal,...never liked it , never played it...

I have no idea, but I didn't want it to be boring, so there a 6/8 and a 7/4 section, with drum and Grt polyrhtymns and all that stuff.

Gloves off as usual (Studded please)

If anyone wants to try putting some screechy metal vocals on just pm me…

..and yes that is an archtop at the end, why not, I bet all those metal guitarists go home after a long night screeching and thrashing and plug in their Gibson archtop into a plummy acoustic amp and spend the night watching Midsomer murders with a cup of Horlicks...

moraamarolaloba:
Hola @cowparsleyman

Happy to see you!!! The park is almost empty...

I like the atmosphere that the guitars from the beginning give the track.

,,,Maybe about 1'15 the track lacks another sound to appear that surprises and gives way to the following guitars introducing the solo at 1'50,
I love the 2'40 part!

Stay well

Mora

pompeyjazz:
Blimey @cowparsleyman You have been on a journey Rich. The different time signatures and conflicting rhythms worked a treat. I was expecting to hear a big Deep death metal vocal. Love the way that you are pushing the boundaries of experimentation with each composition

rightly:
Hi @cowparsleyman

thrillin'
quite sophisticated (for me)
I'm tempted to PM you to offer vocals
I'd have to write something in the appropriate genre.

if I succeeded it'd be as unconvincing as when Prince would get political in his genius efforts. Would be as fun too.

the exit part is really nice too
well executed!

yeah the genre generally is a bit ridiculous, the vocalists often growl their way through the music, with their thoughts far from their little hometown in the provinces (I think they only dine on pizza. lol.)

Good on 'yer, buddy!

5 guys named Lars:
LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!!!!  Over the smell of lubricant & leather , you can almost taste the amount of work thats gone into this  @cowparsleyman . :D . I doff my permawig to the gigantic guitar sound which constrasts nicely with the soft picking guitar. Captured the sound marvellously. Great fun.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version