Audacity

• 3 Replies

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« on: July 09, 2021, 11:21:33 PM »
For a good few years now, I have used Audacity as my audio editor.  It is brilliant and free.  However, about 6 months ago, I found I couldn't use it.   I now get an error opening sound device.  Try changing the audio host, playback device and project sample rate. 

Clearly I have checked everything I can but can't find the problem.  I'm on a Mac so it is core audio, everything is at 44.1 and I don't think I have any other options.  Everything else works fine.

Anyone got any ideas?

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 11:56:44 AM »
@PeteS - Sorry Peter, No experience of Macs, maybe the files you created are readable from the DAW you have now, or at the very least import the wavs into the new one...sorry not much help really.

The other thing you could try is a copy of the data files and re install the programme...

Rich

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 06:55:22 PM »
I have a Mac (work are making me use one so I can be more comfortable on them when I'm fixing other Mac users' problems). I could install it (as long as those pesky Russians don't get hold of my data! lol) and take a look at the settings.

What version of MacOS are you using?

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 02:23:29 PM »
Thanks @Sterix.  I'm on 11.2.1 Big Sur.  But before I put you to that much trouble, I have loaded it to my wife's macbook and can'r spot anything different nbut if you can that would be great.

I have posted on an Audacity facebook group, 1 suggestion that didn't help but no traction beyond that.  It really is driving me mad as I use it a fair bit in my productions.

Thanks

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial