Absent

• 16 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« on: October 10, 2021, 09:55:11 AM »
Hi everyone.

I just logged in the forum briefly last night…I’ve been missing for a few months. I haven’t written anything new for a while…nor have I felt like I wanted to…and I can’t for the life of me get back into the forum either.

I miss a lot of you…but I’m afraid I feel like the life has drained out of the forum…and I just don’t want to be around for the time being.

I’ve retired the funeral crasher soundcloud page and I’m not renewing my subscription…so I’ve culled some of the twaddle, whittled it down to the free limit of 200 mins…and parked it there for posterity.

I’ll be using a different account when I start posting songs again…if it becomes necessary. I’ve got a few projects on the go…as well as gigging every week again…so I’m not just loafing around.

I’m not struggling for inspiration, having a lean spell or any kind of crisis.

I hope things pick up around here one day…at its best…it can be such a great place.

Anyway…best wishes to you all  :)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
But not forgotten... I'm not sure I ever brought any sort of life to the forum but I've also been absent these last months.

Hope you drop in from time to time to let us know what's new.

Take care!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 03:11:26 PM »
Hi Paul, yeah I might retire MichaelA and become the Dead Horse Flogger! Seems about right.

It's a strange co-incidence that so many of us have been away from this place at once. But maybe things will liven up in Winter proper. All the best in the meantime!  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 03:20:04 PM »
@MichaelA,  I can only echo what you have said.  Many of us seem to have lost our enthusiasm.  I too have only recently returned after a long lay off.  I've been writing but the excitement and enthusiasm that I once had seems to have faded.  @PaulAds I'd say that a writer of your calibre will be sorely missed.

Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 05:45:56 PM »
@PaulAds - Aint no thing Paul, it’s only a forum, We can come and go as we please, would be a shame if we couldn’t.

For me it’s simple…just a nice place to hear new innocent and very often brilliant music, with a variety of musical approaches, with a variety of artists self perceptions…some wannabes to some vastly understated.

The amount of time I can give is unpredictable, i enjoy hearing ideas for my songs but I also enjoy offering  advice about playing and production, where I feel qualified.

if you decide to return, I’d be glad to say a big Whyayy.

I really dig your bass lines Paul.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 03:46:01 AM »
I have also been largely absent for the past couple of years plus. I have a really good excuse; you all probably already know my husband had a stroke January 2019 and I've been taking care of him since. And the first two years were sort of in limbo but now we've taken charge of our lives, sold our farm, and bought a house close to our kids where we are finally getting set in new routines. Or will be once I can find everything and get it put away where I can [I hope] find it again.

And I'm getting back into writing and get MORE excited rather than less. But slowly. Working back in slowly.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 08:55:13 AM »
The forum has always “ebbed and flowed” - and we are in unprecedented times following the Covid pandemic and now the (hopefully) recovery period

I have noticed many other forums are very quiet or have “gone under”

This has always been a place to drop in and out of as real life must always take priority

All the time there is interest I will keep it running so please feel free to come and go as y’all please

You are always welcome and the porch light will be on....
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:27 PM »
Well @PaulAds I'm with the others.. I really hope that we see you back here - both for your music (which I LOVE) and your wit (which I also lOVE) and also for the hugely supportive and considered approach you have always taken to listening and reviewing others' music.. I gotta say I miss you a lot round these parts..

I agree @Boydie that these sorts of fora can ebb and flow.. and that there should be no expectation set re level of engagement - kinda you get what you give.. I think thought that the laissez faire approach leaves the forum open to serious lulls at times.. But maybe that's the way the cookie crumbles.. maybe more mods would help that? Maybe they'd make no impact at all.. 

Hopefully the core crew will trickle back - what's clear to me is the difference between when they're engaged and when they're not.. their impact is notable...

K

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »
Hi all, yeah me too - sorry I've been away a lot but it seems a common phenomenon for many of us.  I can't really put my finger on it for my own personal case, other than there seems to be a massive time sponge in my life the last 18 months which leaves less time for music and contributing here.  You guys are just great though, I do hope no one checks out permanently and we can all dip in from time to time, especially Mr Ads, who has posted so many forum classic since I first turned up here.  Anyway Paul, enjoy what you're gonna do in the next phase.
It's all too beautiful.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 11:26:30 PM »
Ya, I'm sorry that I've been absent as well, but I love this little musical sanctuary and miss you all a lot. I think this whole pandemic experience has taken it's toll on me. I just don't have the enthusiasm to write much...I suppose it's almost a bit of a depression. :-\ I popped in a few days ago to have a look around and to see if there was been any recent challenges, but noticed that nothing has happened in that department for a long time. Sometimes that's what will kick-start me into writing again :P Our band managed to squeeze in, one outdoor gig in during the summer and it was so wonderful to see people dancing and having fun again :) Unfortunately, it won't happen again till next spring/summer. Anyway enough rambling.
I hope you will come back again PaulAds, because I would miss your input and your creative songwriting a lot.
I hope to be back soon, even if it might be spotty.
Love to you all, CS  :-*
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 12:19:35 PM by crystalsuzy »

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 08:09:19 AM »
Enjoy whatever you’re doing Paul, this place won’t be the same without you, that’s for sure.

New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 06:37:22 PM »
Hi there Paul.
Good to see you're still gigging away anyway.
Hope all is good with you.
And all the best to you other layabouts too!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2021, 09:18:06 PM »
I'll miss you
I Understand what you're saying
This was  a great place. I do hope it picks up again
I never considered myself popular  lol
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2021, 12:36:36 PM »
I echo everyone else's sentiments. I have been in-and-out, mostly out, recently. It's not so much a creativity thing because I am pretty prolific and making a lot of music atm but it is probably to do with the forum being quieter. I think it has a snowballing effect - people see it's quiet, so they are less inclined to post, which makes the forum quieter and so on and so on. I still check in a lot. And I am sure things will pick up again in the future when the dust has settled on the last few mental years for everyone.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle