konalavadome

Beautiful Grand Piano

• 7 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: September 25, 2021, 10:16:51 AM »
I've recently bought a new Mac and so I was ensuring that all of my software was up to date.  I previously used a restricted version of Addictive Keys, Grand Piano that  I got when I purchased Addictive Drums many years ago.  When I visited the XLN audio website to transfer my software, I discovered that owners of a Focusrite audio interface can claim the full version of Addictive Keys Grand Piano for free as long as they can prove date of purchase and requested serial numbers.  Anyway, I was able to download this software and the Grand Piano options are stunning!  So, should you have a focusrite interface, you should really check out this excellent offer.  You'll be hard pushed to get a more authentic piano sound.

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 06:20:32 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/grand-piano

I've recorded a little piano to demonstrate the one on offer should you have a Focusrite interface.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 07:49:37 PM »
@Wicked Deeds - sounds great, Especially for free…great tip for focusrite users.

I’ve also been on a journey of discovery for a beautiful piano and I’ve tried a few…Ariria Piano v2 IK Multimedia Sampletank, Miroslav Phoiamonic but the most convincing Ive found for the money is UVI true keys, they also do a Ravenscroft 275 which is a high end offering but the pianos with true keys are Pretty convincing, the only other one I might try is the Garritan Cfx, but that’s a few bucks…the true keys is about £80

True keys is the only one that I feel that I’m actually playing a grand, all the others don’t give me that feeling. There are 3 grands in the package a steinway, a Bechstein and an Italian one i can’t remember the name of, each have their own sound.

Hope this might help those that don’t have a Focusrite

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 05:56:43 PM »
@Wicked Deeds - this sort of thing…excuse my rather ham fisted playing…its a Fazioli 308

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:48:58 AM by cowparsleyman »

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 10:02:21 AM »
@cowparsleyman,

Sorry Rich,  there isn't a link to your piano sound.  I'm directed to a page that tells me "You have not provided a valid soundcloud URL".  I'm not sure what to do or how to access the sound you have posted.

Paul
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:45:53 AM by Wicked Deeds »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 10:48:38 AM »
@Wicked Deeds - Morning Paul, great to hear from you.. hope you are well, I don't know what went wrong, I'll re-link it...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 10:49:47 AM »

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »
@cowparsleyman, got  it this time. It's a lovely piano sound :-)