My new novel is out!

• 19 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« on: September 24, 2021, 11:08:49 AM »
Hi folks, I’ve had a few messages from regulars on here wondering where I was. Well I’ve just been hiding myself away for the last six months writing a novel. It’s called ‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a black comedy about an app for your phone where you can order assassinations. Very useful idea!

If anyone is interested you can get it here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It should be an entertaining read, if nothing else.

That project done, I am now contemplating trying to write a song again, but feel very rusty about that right now. Mind, it seems a bit quiet on here too. Maybe others have suffered the same rust problem as me! (How do you play that C chord again? 🙄)

All the best

Michael
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 12:12:56 PM »
@MichaelA - Glad to hear you're OK ...Goodness, sounds compelling Michael, hope it sells by the lorry load, I had naturally assumed you got a deal and was touring the care homes with @pompeyjazz and @The Funeral Crasher, hitting them with your songs, encoring with Grandad's Rap (Hope your neck muscles are OK, with the weight of that gold bling)  8)

Waiting for Abba is still waiting. I will finish it one day...

A C chord, Well, you better ask @5 guys named Lars I think he can remember, but they probably spell it differently over there.

R

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 02:13:56 PM »
@MichaelA

Good to see you backMichael.  Good luck with your book and future compositions.

Paul

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 04:04:57 PM »
I really enjoyed "The Sixth Beatle" so I tried to buy the new book. Amazon.uk won't let me. :( I don't live in the correct country.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
Hi Rich @cowparsleyman, cheers - yeah you rumbled us. @pompeyjazz, @PaulAds and me have been off on our Care Homes 2021 Tour. The novel story was just a cover. Our encore number is ‘We’ll Meet Again’ or sometimes ‘Stairway To Heaven’, which usually has ‘em all in tears.

Well worked out!

Hi Paul, @Wicked Deeds, thanks for the good wishes. All the best to you too.

Hi Vicki @CaliaMoko, thanks for the interest in the book. It is available in the US, it is just that UK Amazon won’t ship there. But the US Amazon.com will sort you hopefully, so maybe try this link. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Gavin+%26+the+bodysnatchers+duffy&ref=nb_sb_noss

I will have a listen to some tunes on here later into the weekend 😄 cheers folks

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »
@MichaelA - Yes Stairway - Denied…people cry when I play it😎 mind you they cry when i play anything

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 05:20:35 PM »
Thanks for the link @MichaelA . I knew Amazon.uk wouldn't ship books but I thought they might sell me the Kindle version. Nope. I did search on amazon.com but couldn't find it. I should have added your name. And I think I spelled bodysnatchers wrong...made it two words. Oops. Anyway, I have it now!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 10:11:33 AM »
Hey @MichaelA ! Congrats on the book - that’s some achievement! I’ll check it out…

Welcome back too - would love to hear a new song from you if you’re so inclined…

Lol @ your Care Homes tour….

K

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 02:49:21 PM »
Welcome back Michael - we missed you.
And good on you for writing another book - where do you find all the time?
Now if we could just lure the pomps and PaulAds back too :)

Paul

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
Glad you got that sorted out @CaliaMoko and hope you enjoy the read! 😀

Hi Karen, @MonnoDB. Well there’s a feisty Dublin female in this one, an amalgam of a few I have met. I nearly asked you for some dialogue tips! But it’s my Lancashire version of a Dubliner now. Yeah, I might do a song soon - but be careful what you wish for! 😀

Hi @Paulski, thanks for the kind words. Maybe some of the regulars will be back once the dark and cold nights set in - and we’ve nothing left to do but write a song! 👍

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2021, 04:10:23 PM »
...once the dark and cold nights set in - and we’ve nothing left to do but write a song! 👍

Sounds like a good start to one right there...

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 07:58:10 AM »
That's brilliant! Well done. I know hard it is to write a novel, so it's a major achievement!

Derek
West Country Country Boy

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 07:47:37 AM »
Welcome back @MichaelA & congratulations with the book. Enjoyed "Sixth Beatle" & will add this to my basket.

Actually @cowparsleyman we don`t have many C`s in Danish favouring the more evokative "K".. so Camilla becomes Kamilla, Christine to Kristine etc etc. Although my own name is Chris I am often referred to as Kokksukker which is strange.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2021, 12:52:54 PM »
Yes @CaliaMoko, it sounds like the makings a songwriting challenge where everyone has to start with the same first line.  ;)

Hi @delb0y, thanks for the kind comment.

‘Ay up @5 guys named Lars, will that be just one of you be buying the book, or can I count on 5 sales?  ;D I’m sure you will all enjoy it anyway, even if you are cheapskates and buy one between you. I didn’t know you’d read ‘Sixth Beatle’, so thanks for that too. 👍

I tried writing a song this week. I’ve got it all ready in GarageBand except for the proper vocal take. Then I realised it was probably rubbish and so I’ve decided not to inflict that on the world. 🙄. Will have another go this week probably. I am rusty to the point of almost seizing up, song writing wise - well, and in many other ways to be honest! 😩