konalavadome

Losing Myself - A rare Punk Song from CPM feat Caz on Vox

• 16 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: September 19, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »
Hi All 

I was fed up with all these EDM songs that I'm churning out, so here's one I started a few years ago for the Clash Challenge that was on here about 3 years ago, I suppose I'm a little late, abut anyway I wanted to try a punk song, my old pal Caz Yardley is the vocalist, giving it her all.

Never done a punk song before, so hope you dig.

I left a few track notes on Soundcloud, to set the scene...

Anyway without further ado...Enjoy the mayhem...The power and the insanity of it all. It's suppose to have the feel of a hot, raw rehearsal, definitely not a polished studio production.

Let me know what you think. btw I'm remixing it to bring up the LVox and the Gtrs, and bring down the feedback SG....

For those that want to know...
The organ is a Farfisa...The guitar is a Yamaha SG1000, an SG Special,  a Yamaha bass though 2 different Amp rigs - Ampeg and a Galllen Kruger, Master buss has sunset Studios Live Room, and Townhouse Buss Compressor. Caz's Vox have been made distorted by applying a Devil Loc.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:35:05 AM by cowparsleyman »

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »
Hola @cowparsleyman

You've got a song with a strange and interesting fusion, it's punk but also rock, very rock, I liked it a lot, I love the FX you have achieved playing with the delay and the voice sounds great too, very integrated as well the general mix.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:05:34 PM »
@moraamarolaloba - Lovely to hear from you Mora, thanks for your review, glad you liked it.

I will re mix it tonight, it'll sound better, the plugin I used for the echo is called Soundtoys Primal Tap, and EchoBoy, both very effective and easy to use.

Till later Rich

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 03:44:37 PM »
I like this
It does sound fresh and spontaneous
The singer applies herself effortlessly
Its got this drive
Tight but not locked down 
Very strange and likeable song
I'd call more rocky than punky

Will be interesting to hear the remix
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:36:44 PM »
well I'm listening again
on a better system
sounds awesome!!
too sophisticated to be punk
A very tidy joint!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 09:40:47 PM »
@rightly - that’s nice of you, but I really wanted punk, not sophisticated …glad you dig, Mr Right

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 07:54:14 AM »
Has a Helter Skelter aspect to it that is riveting.
Something new.......love it.
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 06:59:00 PM »
This is fab! Hmmmm I'm not sure it's punk either... Awesomely rocky I think - great vocal from your friend, some wonderful belting going on there!! Although that guitar is probably driving it over the edge into punky..

Regardless of genre - it's fantastic! Really enjoyed this @cowparsleyman !

K

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 10:53:19 PM »
Punk or not, whatever it is, I love it. No crits.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 09:12:39 AM »
First thanks to all that took the time to listen, I know I haven't been around much or contributing much lately, so thanks.

I thought I'd explain a bit about how this was done, which is really upside down, Caz got the drum track, then she laid some vocal ideas down, then 3 years later I matched her key and put the rest down, bizarre really...

For those that know, I would have loved this to have been on the Grundy Show, the following week...

@rightly - Glad you like it, Yeah Caz sings effortlessly, I'm so privileged, fresh and spontaneous, that's just what I wanted, Cheers.

@IronKnee - Man Helter Skelter (Manson, Krenwinkel, Atkins et al), that's exactly what I was looking for, mayhem and tension.

@MonnoDB - Cheers K, next time things are hectic, bung this on and let yourself go...I appreciate your kind words.

@CaliaMoko - So glad you like it, play it as the old old fridge hits the skip..."Whatever it is" well I still don't know Punk or Rock or something else...Who know, and to be honest, (in the name of of Punk) I  shouldn't give a toss.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 10:53:36 AM »
@cowparsleyman,

Certainly Rock, punk in a polished, more commercial sense, in a  Blondie/Debbie Harry kind of way.  Cool guitars and excellent vocals.  A Fine soundscape!

Paul

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 11:38:33 AM »
Hi CP,

Cool song and vocal.
More rock than punk for me also, though it does have that nice, "homemade" punk vibe to it. (Not too over-polished)
Love how the bass just rumbles along relentlessly.

Digger

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 02:00:55 PM »
Lots of drive and energy in this Rich. I don’t know whether it’s punk or rock but it is a piece of music that, like punk, sounds like an outpouring of pent up emotions - punches you square on in the chops. Nothing’s gonna stop it!

The backing track is v interesting. On the surface it sounds raw. But there’s quite a lot of sophisticated little licks and tricks in there that show your experience in this music making malarkey! Great choice of vocalist - she’s put in a gutsy show there!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 02:13:07 PM »
Hi Rich - Always interesting to hear your musical adventures. This one has a freestyle rock vibe to it, kinda indie and kinda New York 1977 but I wouldn't say it was Punk per se :)

Some lovely ideas and great to hear Caz let go and give it some welly - Of course I'm lost when you start describing the skulldugery that you used to produce this little gem but as always, you produce the goods :)