Before The Fall

• 17 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 07:39:18 AM »
@IronKnee - evening Tom, lovely intimacy right from the off, really dig this...some lovely lyrical ideas by oneby one, that's a great hook.

Is that an interupted cadence at the end, I can't remember...

From a production point the acc gtr seems rather swung over to the right, maybe it's me, or it was intentional, but a little distracting for me.

Hey there cowparsleyman..........thanks for listening and commenting.
And yes....the guitar was slightly panned right, while the vocal was panned slightly left. Looking to develop some depth, here.
Thanks!

Lovely song Tom, I'm trying to think of something critical but can't find anything. Nice playing, singing (your voice changes - sounds like two people almost!) and production, and the lyrics are fab. I like the way you return to themes (the 'on and on' and then later 'one by one'), and the song length is perfect. I'm about to listen to more on your site now, keep up the ace work :)

Hey, thanks for listening. I'm glad you picked up on the "two voices".  The song's narrative is focused after the fall, and what you are listening to are the confessions of those who witnessed the fall and never did anything to stop it from happening.

I'm glad you liked it!
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Tony G

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »
Ah I see, good stuff Tom. Yes I did like it, or do rather :)

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 02:46:31 PM »
Ah I see, good stuff Tom. Yes I did like it, or do rather :)

Thanks, again!
                                  -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee