konalavadome

Before The Fall

• 17 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: September 12, 2021, 07:16:16 AM »
Hi Everyone.............gotta new one. All comments welcome, while first impressions are most welcome
Thanks, in advance!
                                              -Tom

Before The Fall

Words & Music by Tom Tognaci

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14311019

Before the fall, I didn’t care to know
what peril may lay up ahead,
while going with the flow
Swept away beyond and on and on, and on and on, and on and on …..

….I should have seen 
the signs all around me;
from the calm, into the rapid’s squall, 
from the omens we ignored, 
to that one last final call….
….right before the fall

Before the fall, I failed to take a stand
When they came for the retrogrades,
they weren’t my fellow man
So, the purge went…… one by one, by one, by one, by one, by one, by one …..

….Each time they came, 
they came for someone new
With each time, I’d pretend not to see 
And, when they kicked at my door,
there was no one left for me…
….who’d stand up for me.

Before the fall, I did not understand
Me, in my ordinary life, just living out my plan
While the world spun ‘round and ‘round, and ‘round and ‘round, and ‘round and ‘round, and ‘round ….
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 07:23:41 AM by IronKnee »
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 05:16:31 PM »
Hi @IronKnee, Tom - an interesting theme. Sad and insightful... Not sure what "fall" you're referring to but it could apply to so many situations across the ages..

As always your vocal and guitar are a treat - perfect, straightforward arrangement to carry the weight of the words.

Really enjoyed this one...

Karen

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 09:38:43 PM »
Hi Tom,

As always, you play brilliantly…do you always record live to one track? That’s cool if you do….😄👍🏻 Intriguing lyrics that could be about any number of situations I guess. Lovely melody too…sounds like you were opening up some candy at 1.53 maybe?? 🤪 (never a wrong time for that!😆🤦🏼‍♂️)

Sooo yeah….good job mate….I also liked the way you ended it on the guitar, nice little touch.😄👍🏻🤩

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
good song
i like the sound of the guitar in particular
the lyrics also resonate

you often post these high quality productions
You really are an asset to the forum.
Keep them coming!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 07:04:58 PM »
Hola @IronKnee

I really liked what you transmit accompanied by the guitar. I think that nothing else is needed here, just the guitar and your voice, it is an intimate song, very personal, deep, special.
I liked hearing you in this style.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 06:47:19 AM »
Hi @IronKnee, Tom - an interesting theme. Sad and insightful... Not sure what "fall" you're referring to but it could apply to so many situations across the ages..

As always your vocal and guitar are a treat - perfect, straightforward arrangement to carry the weight of the words.

Really enjoyed this one...

Karen

Hi Karen....thanks so much for listening and commenting.
The song's narrative is focused after the fall, and what you are listening to are the confessions of those who witnessed the fall and never did anything to stop it from happening.
Thanks, again!

Hi Tom,

As always, you play brilliantly…do you always record live to one track? That’s cool if you do….😄👍🏻 Intriguing lyrics that could be about any number of situations I guess. Lovely melody too…sounds like you were opening up some candy at 1.53 maybe?? 🤪 (never a wrong time for that!😆🤦🏼‍♂️)

Sooo yeah….good job mate….I also liked the way you ended it on the guitar, nice little touch.😄👍🏻🤩

Hi lostboy..........I usually use 4-Trks. two for guitar and two for vocal. I usually write the songs, record them.....and then move on. There is sooooo much activity in, and outside of my house, that it is just too hard to keep the recordings really clean. The opening of the candy sound is me in my "squeeking" chair positioning myself right before I begin...................I'm too lazy to re-take.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

good song
i like the sound of the guitar in particular
the lyrics also resonate

you often post these high quality productions
You really are an asset to the forum.
Keep them coming!

Thanks Rightly..............I appreciate the kind words.

Hola @IronKnee

I really liked what you transmit accompanied by the guitar. I think that nothing else is needed here, just the guitar and your voice, it is an intimate song, very personal, deep, special.
I liked hearing you in this style.

Mora

Thanks M...........it's always nice to hear from you!
Thanks, once again!
                                             -T
                                                          -IronKnee

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »
Very nice song @IronKnee ..beautifully sung and I like the way you`ve recorded the guitar. Nice oblique lyrics too. Super stuff. :)

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2021, 08:51:34 PM »
This is great, Tom. Loved the stripped down arrangement. I think the melody / performance grows with the song - seemed a little hesitant, possibly intentionally, in the first verse but as the song progressed everything got stronger, and the emotion much stronger. On a second listen I'm pretty sure that this is intentional and I love that ebb and flow. Love the idea and the lyrics, too. Brilliant. well done.
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2021, 06:17:39 AM »
Very nice song @IronKnee ..beautifully sung and I like the way you`ve recorded the guitar. Nice oblique lyrics too. Super stuff. :)

Thanks, Five Guys Named Lars..............You are appreciated. Thanks for the kind comments.

This is great, Tom. Loved the stripped down arrangement. I think the melody / performance grows with the song - seemed a little hesitant, possibly intentionally, in the first verse but as the song progressed everything got stronger, and the emotion much stronger. On a second listen I'm pretty sure that this is intentional and I love that ebb and flow. Love the idea and the lyrics, too. Brilliant. well done.
Delb0y...........wow....where have you been?
Very nice to hear from you. You just sorta dropped off the Earth's horizon for a while.
And ya.........it is intentional. The song's narrative is focused AFTER the fall, and what you are listening to are the confessions of those who witnessed the fall and never did anything to stop it from happening. That's the story behind the song.
So good to hear from you....are you going to stick around?
                                                                                           -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 06:50:43 PM »
I've said this before Tom, but wish I could fingerpick like that. I great vocal as usual and nice lyrics. Excellent song. :)

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 05:45:45 PM »
I've said this before Tom, but wish I could fingerpick like that. I great vocal as usual and nice lyrics. Excellent song. :)

Thanks, Chris!!
                                                          -IronKnee

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
@IronKnee ,

You've a lovely timbre to your voice.  I also love to hear acoustic guitar only as a supporting instrument.  It ensures that we can admire this song in all it's beauty.

Well done!

Paul

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
@IronKnee ,

You've a lovely timbre to your voice.  I also love to hear acoustic guitar only as a supporting instrument.  It ensures that we can admire this song in all it's beauty.

Well done!

Paul

Thanks Paul...........Your generous words are much appreciated!
                                                        -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2021, 06:59:35 PM »
@IronKnee - evening Tom, lovely intimacy right from the off, really dig this...some lovely lyrical ideas by oneby one, that's a great hook.

Is that an interupted cadence at the end, I can't remember...

From a production point the acc gtr seems rather swung over to the right, maybe it's me, or it was intentional, but a little distracting for me.

Tony G

• Busker
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 12:09:38 PM »
Lovely song Tom, I'm trying to think of something critical but can't find anything. Nice playing, singing (your voice changes - sounds like two people almost!) and production, and the lyrics are fab. I like the way you return to themes (the 'on and on' and then later 'one by one'), and the song length is perfect. I'm about to listen to more on your site now, keep up the ace work :)