Boris-19, an unlikely EDM song

• 11 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: September 02, 2021, 07:27:20 AM »
This little ditty is inspired by a fellow forum member @binladeda, he did a similar thing dedicated to The TrumpMeister, which I Loved, So I wanted to do one   about Boris Johnson, as my Dad advised me never to discuss Money, Religion or Politics all I can say is it's a EDM tune and that Covid -19 is a virus.

I just thought it might jolt a few on the dance floor...

This is a songwriting forum, and this doesn't win any prizes for songwriting, in places it's a little loose, and I wanted the ending to descend into chaos, but then keep going, a bit like the Cummins episode....but it's supposed to raise at least a wry smile to those that listen.

For those that care, the bass sequence is  DS Thorn, the portamento 5th's are Oberheim Matrix 12, a few Korg (Triton, Prophecy and Polysix) pads and supplementary arps, drums by BFD3 8 bit kit and Geist, compression is CLA-2, vocal mangling is by Soundtoys EchoBoy, filterFreak2 and Crystalliser, master limiting is Waves L3 and Townhouse master buss comp. No eq.

Thanks for taking the time, and stay healthy...

« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 07:32:17 AM by cowparsleyman »

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 01:54:28 PM »
Well Rich, that is a bit different!  As you know it's not my genre but I tapped my foot and I had a laugh, anything that takes the piss out of Boris is ok in my books!

As a song, I would have liked a big chanting chorus of Dominic Cumins quotes, his evidence to the science and health committee was littered with gems that could be edited together - communications disaster-zone, lying to everybody on multiple occasions or In any sensible rational government  ;D ;D

Good stuff though Rich.  Reminds me that we did a Rock/Rap number (unlikely for me i know) about Trump.  Funnily enough, it didn't make the album  ;D
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 03:35:46 PM »
are you sure?
you're going all Paul hardcastle! lol.
remember prince on Batdance? he killed it. you might get there too.

this one is full of surprises
loads of avenues to explore

Can't stand Boris though, that's the most Ive heard him speak.
Brexit has been Very costly to me personally.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 03:43:57 PM »
@rightly - Thanks for the listen Dude...please think of me, You know how much time I put in my productions, I have heard his voice 100's of times, I'm not sure sure if I'll ever recover... 8)

I have also been financially impacted by Mr B.

Rich

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 07:34:45 PM »
Hola @cowparsleyman

Vaya vaya!!! Something unusual from you hear!!!
I love the rhythm !!! Very good sound ... The beats are fabulous and cause an unstoppable dynamism !!! I work with Alchemy of the Logic Audio and I transform many kicks or beats through arpeggiators and delays ... I really liked your track!!.

Stay safe despite Boris Johnson!!!

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 11:38:51 PM »
The thick plottens!! This sounds very much like most days in Westminster these days. For god's sake don't get me going about Johnson! You deserve full credit for this production. Really well done..an excellent and very timely send up..I love it. As Mora says, stay safe..in spite of Boris!! :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 04:42:29 PM »
@ChrisPrice - thanks Man…really appreciate your comments, Boris reminds me of a golden retriever that comes in from the rain…visiting at your house warming , very eager for everyone to like him, has terrible hair, barges his way in, knocks into things, , has his tongue out leaving dribble everywhere, smashes up anything valuable, is very wet and you have pick up his sh*t that he leaves behind.

Now where is that Snark

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 10:39:24 PM »
@ChrisPrice - thanks Man…really appreciate your comments, Boris reminds me of a golden retriever that comes in from the rain…visiting at your house warming , very eager for everyone to like him, has terrible hair, barges his way in, knocks into things, , has his tongue out leaving dribble everywhere, smashes up anything valuable, is very wet and you have pick up his sh*t that he leaves behind.

Now where is that Snark

Ha ha..We are obviously on the same page where that man is concerned! My description of him would probably get me banned from the forum!!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 11:23:59 AM »
Apology - I have to apologise for my last post...If there are any Goldern Retreivers on the forum, I didn't mean to offend you...

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2021, 09:51:04 PM »
Haha! U should have called it “Kangaroo Testicle” mate!!😂👍🏻 Good for you editing all those clips…I’m not sure I would have had the patience.😆🤦🏼‍♂️ Nice work mate, made me smile!🤩🎶👊🏻🎶

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 02:39:46 PM »
A very entertaining piece. Like once said, already..........lots of cool surprises.
Good stuff!
                        -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 06:11:02 PM »
Apology - I have to apologise for my last post...If there are any Goldern Retreivers on the forum, I didn't mean to offend you...
You were being Retrieverist ::)