The Beauty

• 22 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »
@PeteS - A very fitting first song after Your first album, for me the Cellos at the intro are uneceesary, superb chunky chords on the eGuitar, very nicely mixed LVox and BVox. really liked the bass lines you chose, and the eq of the bass gtr., cuts through very very nicely I thought the drums grooves were a little uninspiring.

Would go down well live Pete, I'd jut give the drummer a slightly different brief, maybe some more interesting fills, (I know I criricised you for too flowery fills in the past, but on this I think it would work)

Anyway, it's still a very strong song.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
Thanks @digger72 .  I'll take a look at the kick!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2021, 02:35:24 PM »
@PeteS - A very fitting first song after Your first album, for me the Cellos at the intro are uneceesary, superb chunky chords on the eGuitar, very nicely mixed LVox and BVox. really liked the bass lines you chose, and the eq of the bass gtr., cuts through very very nicely I thought the drums grooves were a little uninspiring.

Would go down well live Pete, I'd jut give the drummer a slightly different brief, maybe some more interesting fills, (I know I criricised you for too flowery fills in the past, but on this I think it would work)

Thanks Rich.  The cellos were a deliberate attempt to pick out the ascending B, C and D from the descending B, A and G chords.  I'll mute it and take a listen but it's what I was looking for.  Drums is a real balance isn't it between too much and too little and you're probably right but something we can look at closely for the album version.  Appreciate your comments on the Vox as you know it's ma weakness for me.

Pete
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2021, 04:33:13 PM »

Thanks Rich.  The cellos were a deliberate attempt to pick out the ascending B, C and D from the descending B, A and G chords.  I'll mute it and take a listen but it's what I was looking for.  Drums is a real balance isn't it between too much and too little and you're probably right but something we can look at closely for the album version.  Appreciate your comments on the Vox as you know it's ma weakness for me.

Pete

Hi Peter, I liked the idea of the cellos, i just thought you played your hand a little early.
The drums , well they kind of stuck out rather,  which in a way is a good thing as the rest of the arrangement is sound. Maybe it’s me but I think it just sounds a little sterile/repetitive. Hire Stevie Gadd he’d be perfect for this track.

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2021, 09:26:43 AM »
Good point about playing my hand early but it's the only time (currently) that there is nothing else going on to mask the notes.  I'm sure we'll play around with it when we come to a final mix and master!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2021, 08:23:07 PM »
@PeteS - had another listen, great work Peter, all my previous comments still apply, one of your best vocal deliveries, nice placement of gtrs and really appreciated the simplicity of the gtr fills/harmonies , good work

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2021, 08:53:32 PM »
I love the melody of the chorus. Beautiful composition and inspiring song. Interesting bass-guitar part.

Maya

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 12:04:49 AM »
I think this has an anthemic feel to it. I love the guitar chug that leads into the chorus. The overall mix should maybe have a bit more edge, could be a bit more raw..but I think this is a terrific track. Really enjoyed it. :)