Summer Of A Million Smiles

• 0 Replies

Davino

• Busker
  • I write poetry and song lyrics
« on: July 31, 2021, 02:53:06 PM »
"Summer Of A Million Smiles"
I'm just staring at the sun as she crawls, looming in the southern sky. Not even asking anymore why, I'm resolute and free, ebbs of warmth shift as the clouds in the sky tightrope dance through speckled vision, tantric fallacy.
All the goodbyes I've said are just waves of a fickle breeze blowing through unhearing ears, nobody ever takes notice of the finality of sunset or slow suicide, the final sleep, the end of a run, sweet songs unsung. Sunset on our pastures, sunset waving farewell as we contemplate a driven until worn out war within, a solemn replay of highlights until I fade away, until the next day, where we do it all again, new kings are crowned,  no page unturned, a laughing daisy adorns, while the calliope calls me back, back to the realm of relief, not much to weep over, no more stars to wish upon. Random thoughts, random strangers smile in a conspirational way, suffragette's awash with contempt in uninformed half truths, tempted sideways glances, twittering laughs, suppressed gasps, whispers resound, got a pile of imagined sins to pound into oblivion, pushed past memories ebb.
All the glory of this morn confounds, mysteries to solve, wonder and wit, making all the pieces fit. I could go on and on in a similar vein, listen to the elusive refrain, the long lost happy calls to chit chat, silent refrain, stop that train. I'm gonna pick up and go, go fore and aft, with the flow. The memories awash against the palette of my brain, too much pain and strain, whoa, dissipated refrain. I swear I'll always recall the times that were had, good and bad, my mind is strong, it better be, better be you and me, aka 'we'.
Another song plays and my essence is awakened, second wind, a time to re-begin, take action as the day is long and currently young. Please unite with your maker, whatever makes you feel okay. There's no water left in my well, wtf, what the hell? Years rolled by, poof, neither a whisper nor a cry, send well wishes, damn, why bother? Do you mean to hurt me with your silence, I thought we had a good thing going, gone with a stiff wind blowing, gone gone gone. Grab a mask, quick, take a final photograph, repeat quotations, the nights can be so lonely when you're all by yourself, too many ingredients on the shelf, and a broken garden gnome, pancake mix spilled at the cupboard shelf. Alone in my head is home, rickety as a wind-torn tent, I wonder where it all went....
(C) David M. Venturella 7-31-21 9:18 AM