konalavadome

Road 22

• 19 Replies

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« on: July 21, 2021, 12:36:37 PM »
Hey-hey, everyone! :)) I'm happy to let you know that I've passed all my exams in school (that was also the reason why I didn't upload songs for long). I'm so excited to represent a new song of mine called ''Road 22'!! Personally, It's an anthem for me as a good start to my adulthood, and as usual, I want to know your thoughts about it :)

I also have a music video for this :) Here's the link:

There's the lyrics of the song:

Is this the Sun, the birth of sunrise?
I used to see beautiful lights
There's my home near the seashore
Water blue, not scared of wet shoes

Should I run away fast from you
Tho don't want to
Just catch up later
The road is number twenty-two
We'll go barefoot
No matter the weather

I don't mind to get lost
Coz I wanna be with you
Keep fingers crossed to get lost
I wanna be with you

It is always so quiet in the evening
Maybe just wrong time for the greetings
Coming back to downtown
To get some liquor
Gonna be super drunk till the winter

Wish I'm never coming back again
Don't know why
Feels so bitter
The road number twenty-two is here
Our journey home
Let's catch up later

I don't mind to get lost
Coz I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you

I don't mind to get lost
Coz I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you

"Through thick and thin
Exposing skin
You must go back"
They were saying

No, I don't mind to get lost
Coz I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you

I don't mind to get lost
Coz I wanna be with you
I wanna be with you

Thank you in advance!

- Maya

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 10:07:44 PM »
Hi Maya

This is really good :D
Not what I listen to typically but it's sort of mesmerizing and trance-like so I enjoyed it.
Good vocals and production - was it done in a studio?
I think the title should be "I Wanna Be With You" though and it could use a haircut of about 20 secs IMO :D

Well done
Paul

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 12:15:50 AM »
Maya,
I'm a fan of your music. As an older guy it isn't typical of what I listen to, but what impresses me is the quality of the your vocals, the musicianship and production. You're young and look great so the video's are really the icing on the cake. This is the best one I've heard from you yet. I don't really understand the current commercial scene, but this seems to have all the right ingredients in my book. I wish you every success. :)

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 02:50:15 PM »
I really like this a lot. Your vocal style is smooth yet striking and the placement of the vocals in this one really works for me.

Best of luck with that adulthood @Maya Clars ....you're off to an excellent start.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 07:56:20 PM »
@Maya Clars  so congrats on your exams and an awesome song! (And video too) love the vibe, and production and I think I mentioned before that your voice is ace… I’ve always admired your lyrics and again that opening line ‘ Is this the Sun, the birth of sunrise?’ is just great… it’s always a pleasure to hear your stuff, looking forward to your first vinyl release, it’ll be worth the purchase, probably a good investment too!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 07:57:09 PM »
Btw could you share the significance of ‘road 22’?
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 10:37:50 PM »
Hi Maya, great video... really professional feel to it.  The song was cool to - for me I particularly dug the middle 8... the ethereal multi-tracking of the voices works super well.  The verses and chorus are hypnotic and trancey rather than immediately hooky I thought, which makes me think it would age well and grow in appeal with repeated listenings.  Looks like you've got bags of talent.
It's all too beautiful.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2021, 05:49:13 AM »
Hi Maya.........great song/video. I liked the music very much, and the video was "fun". Good luck in your musical aspirations. You have a great head start on most..........you are very young, and you are already really good.

BTW...........where is the area in which you video taped? Reminded me of Florida.
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2021, 09:36:34 AM »
@IronKnee

Hello! :) Ahh, I'm so happy you liked the music video!! It was kinda hard to shoot, so it's really great to hear :) Thank you also for your words! So appreciate it :)

I live in Russia, and it's just one place in nature haha :))) That's so cool it reminded you of Florida, I wish I could visit this place in the future :)

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »
@PaulyX

Hello! :) So cool you cal this professional, thank you so much! :) Yeah, It's a new idea with multi-tracking I decided to use, I'm happy that I'm not the only one who liked it! :)

Ahh, thank you so much for your words! :))

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2021, 09:54:54 AM »
@man made material

Ahh, thank you haha :) I'm also happy that I've passed my exams, now I have time for more music! :) Aaa thank you for appreciating my lyrics, I also love this first line of this song :). HAHAHA I'm dreaming to have a vinyl release  ;D I'll let you know If ever.

Well, the significance of ‘road 22’ is something like an anthem of going to adulthood life, without being scared of doing mistakes. It's also about the image of someone, who understands that the world's around is beautiful, but it's not the thing he needs, the person craves more, that's why he doesn't mind about anything, rather be lost somewhere with the person he loves. (I still believe that for everyone the meaning can be different, but it's what I feel :) )

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »
@Unclenny

Ahh, I'm happy you like the vocal style :) It was a hard time to get the sound I hear in my head. Thank you for your words :)))

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 10:01:58 AM »
@ChrisPrice

Thank you so so much for your kind words!! I'm so happy to know that others think my level of production is raising, It's really important to me :). Thank you again! :)

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2021, 10:06:20 AM »
@Paulski

Ahh, that's so happy to know! Ahh, :) It was done by myself in the little room I live in :) So cool to know that you thought it's made in a studio haha :)) I was thinking about changing the title to "I wanna be with you", though I thought that the name "Road 22" would be more catchy, that's the reason :) HAHAH IMO haircut sounds cool :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2021, 12:47:25 PM »
Hi Maya,

Very impressive package all round - song and vid.
Sounds contemporary, but refreshingly different.
The light, poppy vocal works well over the slightly dark bass undertone. What I really like is it doesn't have that over the top autotune kind of sound.
Bridge is great - my kind of thing. Slightly off kilter and ethereal.

Follow your dreams.

Digger