konalavadome

The Paper Cup

• 23 Replies

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« on: July 13, 2021, 01:10:19 PM »
Imagine a mature woman who gets angry when she is having something with her friends. She is frustrated, her youth is far away and her friendships do not fill the void in her heart.
I know it's a bit of a strange song but I think it's funny in some ways. I hope you like my mix.

Words escape me
without  I can hear them
they are runaway horses
that gallop through my tongue
carrying me astride
with no reins to tame them

they are storms that do not end
in the cave of my mouth

I am a paper cup
half full of voids
in the corner of a bar
at the mercy of a push
or a drunk hand
wanting to rush more drink

The hours scatter
between neon lights
my cat waits for me at home
on the sofa in the hall

I say goodbye to that bar
and go to my refuge
with the walls
bared of childhood memories
while the night breathes
hidden in the corners

I don't think about tomorrow
and Now it  slips out  my hands
while I take off my clothes
and wash my mouth

if i don't fit in this body
that shrinks with the days
despite being asleep
in the dreams of a girl
I don't think about tomorrow
and Now it  slips out  my hands
while I take off my clothes
and wash my mouth
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 05:00:24 PM »
@moraamarolaloba - Intriguing, very You. I found it a bit hard to get into it, I loved the music, but found the vocal melody a bit detached from it. Was that your Guitarist husband on the jazz guitar?

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 07:17:48 PM »
Jpña !! @cowparsleyman

Thanks for comment.
Yes, it is a difficult song in certain aspects, a talking singing almost ... The music caused me a lot of problems but finally it was to my liking.
The jazz guitar is played by my husband Marcus Nalgaber, his contribution greatly enriches my music

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
@moraamarolaloba - Si, it wan't such an easy ride for me, Your husband has a real talent...and he does indeed enrich your work.

You are a pioneer Mora

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2021, 09:11:23 PM »
Hi Mora, brilliant lyrics (in translation at least... wish I could understand the original...) but I love the images around the horses galloping off your tongue, and the paper cup half full of voids.  I think we've all had those evenings in a bar when we've said too much and gone home to regret it.  Musically I liked it too... a slinky shimmering backdrop to the words.  I could imagine this music being played by the band in the bar where the story is set, so that was a good fit.
It's all too beautiful.

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 07:51:50 AM »
@moraamarolaloba  interesting and inventive as ever, this feels like a collage of images and thoughts almost like listening to someone’s dream, not fully understanding the dream but understanding the sense of it. There’s some great lyrical phrases in your translation, and again some beautiful guitar work! Your music is always thought provoking!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 10:01:22 AM »
amazing production
a like those elusive keys a lot
some of your songs are
a very immersive experience.

yes the guitar is amazing!

well done Mora
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 01:59:16 PM »
@moraamarolaloba - Si, it wan't such an easy ride for me, Your husband has a real talent...and he does indeed enrich your work.

Síiiii!! I understand your point of view!! Thank you @cowparsleyman

You are a pioneer Mora

Philipp

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 04:49:49 PM »
I liked the beat very much! Couldn't understand the lyrics eventhough I'm taking spanish lessons lately :-), but the rhythm was good!

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 10:26:57 AM »
Hola @moraamarolaloba .....I like the slightly disjointed gait of this production. I think it keeps the listener honest and sets up the instrumentation nicely.....especially that tasty guitar.

My regards to Marcus.

Steve
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi Mora, brilliant lyrics (in translation at least... wish I could understand the original...) but I love the images around the horses galloping off your tongue, and the paper cup half full of voids.  I think we've all had those evenings in a bar when we've said too much and gone home to regret it.  Musically I liked it too... a slinky shimmering backdrop to the words.  I could imagine this music being played by the band in the bar where the story is set, so that was a good fit.

Hola @PaulyX
How nice that you imagined yourself in the scene ... Olé!

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2021, 01:15:21 PM »
@moraamarolaloba  interesting and inventive as ever, this feels like a collage of images and thoughts almost like listening to someone’s dream, not fully understanding the dream but understanding the sense of it. There’s some great lyrical phrases in your translation, and again some beautiful guitar work! Your music is always thought provoking!👌

hahaha, muchas gracias @man made material 
Even not understanding your comment is really cool. Buen Domingo!!!

jonlint

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2021, 06:54:28 AM »
Hi there,

I really enjoyed this.  I has an enchanting feel.  Many in the "music police" will probably say that the vocals and music are a little out of sync and the vocal melody is not always matching the chords, which is true, but I think this works with the song.  There are no real rules in music - you are capturing an emotion of disjointedness (if that is a word) and disorder and I think your vocals in this add to that, whether intended or not.  And the jazz guitar as other said is deliteful.  I also love the video imagery - creative and not mainstream.  Thanks for sharing - this song does not need to be perfect to capture the emotion to me - on the contrary actually.  The only feedback I have is that the vocals could be compressed a touch more to bring them forward more.  You have a very sultry voice that could pop out more in this song.

Thanks for sharing!

Jonathan

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2021, 07:48:57 PM »

"I really enjoyed this.  I has an enchanting feel.  Many in the "music police" will probably say that the vocals and music are a little out of sync and the vocal melody is not always matching the chords, which is true, but I think this works with the song.  There are no real rules in music - you are capturing an emotion of disjointedness (if that is a word) and disorder and I think your vocals in this add to that, whether intended or not.  And the jazz guitar as other said is deliteful.  I also love the video imagery - creative and not mainstream.  Thanks for sharing - this song does not need to be perfect to capture the emotion to me - on the contrary actually.  The only feedback I have is that the vocals could be compressed a touch more to bring them forward more.  You have a very sultry voice that could pop out more in this song."

Gracias por tu tiempo! @jonlint

Well, something has been saved in this shipwreck that you describe! It is logical, the gutarras are made of wood and float hahaha

This song put for me a parenthesis of many things, I really had fun making it fun and I managed, something that I usually do, create a balance born of chaos, something that I love!

Stay well

Mora
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 09:07:32 PM by moraamarolaloba »

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2021, 05:37:05 AM »
Hey there M..........
Very fresh and very enjoyable. The frustration came thru in an entertaining fashion.
Fun!
                      -T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee