Ghosted

• 16 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
I’m just listening now so I’m guessing you’ve addressed some of the issues noted. Vox levels and sss sound spot on for example…

I really like your sound on previous songs…. So unsurprisingly I really like this. I’m with Digger on the Human League Ref. You’ve got some great industrial sounds going on there … not sure I loved the laugh - didn’t seem to go iykwim but maybe I’ll change my mind after more listens.

Falsetto is spot on - sounds great! Another cracker you have here.

Re connecting - I think it depends on the style of the song? With this genre the vocal kind of needs to sound disconnected IMO - passion and angst would sound a bit off and get in the way of the ‘coolness’ of the song. So I imagine that might have something to do with it. I write a lot of dark and personal songs and I’m more likely to deliver an emotional vocal with a 1+1 piano/vox or pared back ballad than if the arrangement is larger and especially if it’s rocking out no matter the theme…

Looking forward to your next one already @man made material !!

K

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2021, 12:27:11 PM »
@man made material
Lots to like here, I'm hearing that early 1980's with bits of Heaven 17 providing providing a suitable backing for your vocals.
Liked the break down too.
:-)
neil   
songwriter of no repute..