Your Own Perfect Set 10 songs

• 4 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »
Following a great debate here about Do You Play These Songs Live, I pondered over what would be Your own set list were you to play live again, mixing own and covers.

As I said before the covers I would play would not be the average well known ones, but those I really feel I could bring something different.

So here’s mine to start.

Days Like These by Echo Dogs our very own @PeteS , stunning opening song played balls out very punk stylee.

Spitting Feathers - Rocky, get the audience engaged
Find another me - explain the link to Spitting Feathers
Home Fries - Slow it down a bit
About Bees - Slow it even more - Acoustic
In these early hours - Keep on Acoustic
On the slow glide - Wind it up - Rock'n Roll baby
Lizard Lounge - Introduced the dancing
DanceHJ - straight in to the dancing
Superkfunk77 - Final disco /funk fun

If any one wanted an Encore it would be Kinky Blackbird, or if I could really have a free wish I'd get @ScottLevi on stage to do Bubble Wrap my mama with me, I'd get him to wear a big yellow coat and a furry purple trilby, lots of bling and do the rap in a Brummy accent.

Elizabeth’s Mother @PaulyX from here
Holly golightly @5 guys named Lars
I can change @Jambrains

Were others i wanted included but no space at the inn. (such as Liberated by PnB, Mississippi Moon by @CaliaMoko I'm Your Man by @Sebandme )

What’s yours?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 12:00:02 PM by cowparsleyman »

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »
@cowparsleyman Thanks Rich, i'm really shocked and flattered.  :o

I guess if I was pulling together a list I would pull about 6 from the album, Days like these, The Silence (acoustic) Lawns Park Days, You thought you heard it, every 90 minutes and Missing plus maybe a couple of new ones I haven't quite finished yet.  But then I'd have to hunt around for covers, I'm not familiar enough with everyones work but there would be plenty to pick from here and I'd start with the ones where I usually like what they come up with and go through their catalogue.  Picking outside that I'd look to my favourite artists, Frank Turner, R.E.M., Foo Fighters, guys like that.

10 is such a hard number to work on, It's more what to leave out that what to include!
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 12:56:53 PM »
@PeteS - You're welcome,

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 10:48:50 AM »
@cowparsleyman  Thanks a lot Rich for the shout out. I`d be a bit buggered doing my own stuff as 1. I can never remember the chords & 2. I can never remember the words.
I´d do a cover of Taylor Swifts "Shake It Off" (love a bit of Swifty) and then I`ve also always been tempted to say "Thank you & goodnight" and walk off after one song.
 This is one amongst many reasons why I`ve never worked in the music business. ;D

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 11:11:24 AM »
@5 guys named Lars - your'e welcome, why not get the stage setup and just do the "Thank You and Good night"...if you can remember the words.  8)

Never heard any Taylor Swift, sounds like a Tory MP that has a passion for birdwatching.

R