konalavadome

Going to Minnesota

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: July 03, 2021, 10:17:15 PM »
This isn't for review--just something different for anyone who enjoys checking out silly stuff. My 8-year-old niece came to visit (with my brother) and she loves messing with music in a really unstructured kind of way. She was all in favor of trying to record something but she wasn't super direct-able.  ;D

This is what we ended up with. I did some editing to get it to have some rhythm. I was hoping she would do a vocal for it, too, but that didn't happen, so I did it myself and EQ'd my track into a child-like voice sound. Actually, I didn't EQ it. My memory is shot. I changed the pitch. And EQ'd it a little.

https://soundcloud.com/caliamoko/going-to-minnesota
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 10:19:24 PM by CaliaMoko »

Max66

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 02:16:09 AM »
I really enjoy that thank you for sharing, love the silly stuff when children are let loose and the grown ups has to follow them  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 06:57:58 AM »
@CaliaMoko - Simply wonderful

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 04:41:38 PM »
Thank you, @Max66 and @cowparsleyman ! It occurs to me I could go into business making recordings for kids! Well, OF kids--for their parents. Great keepsakes. Yeah...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »
@CaliaMoko - Well, there's an idea (I know there's a LOT of money in stuff for kids, you name it shoes, books etc), I wonder if kids prefer music with kids in, haven't you noticed that kids music always has kids choirs, etc. I used to get my daughter to sing and play the piano when she was very little, to our ears it might sound a little "Unpolished" but to kids of the same age, maybe be not...bet there a lot of empirical research about it..

Any how was Minnesota when they got there, similar to Mississippi? did they go with their very first car?

Rich