Quit my band, here’s my final contribution!

• 3 Replies

wyldelife

• Busker
« on: June 18, 2021, 12:33:08 AM »
So last year I quit the band I was in, Underwing.
I quit the band because it demanded more commitment than I could give due to having a full-time job as a teacher as well as a baby on the way.
I still had one final song left to record with the band called “House on Fire”.
This is the solo from that song.
It was a very difficult solo to make but I was very pleased with the final result.
I recorded the solo with my Fender American Standard Strat on the recording, but did this jam in the backyard to check out how it sounded with my new #1, the Gibson Les Paul Special!
I used the Strymon Iridium as an amp sim on the Marshall mode and used my 1981 DRV to “drive the amp”.

Would love to hear your thoughts on both the playing and the tone!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 07:59:07 AM »
I loved everything about this and it is right up my alley as the type of guitar I like listening to but rarely play in this style myself

I loved the tone (Amp sims are getting ridiculously good now) but I particularly likes the melodic playing and note choices and I am a sucker for for the double stop bends  ;D

Loved it!

Massive kudos to you for putting career and family before the band -  and I hope you still get time to do some home recording/playing and then share it on here
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

wyldelife

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 07:56:59 PM »
I loved everything about this and it is right up my alley as the type of guitar I like listening to but rarely play in this style myself

I loved the tone (Amp sims are getting ridiculously good now) but I particularly likes the melodic playing and note choices and I am a sucker for for the double stop bends  ;D

Loved it!

Massive kudos to you for putting career and family before the band -  and I hope you still get time to do some home recording/playing and then share it on here

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback!
I truly appreciate that, man!!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 07:28:17 PM »
@wyldelife - Brilliant, as good as it gets Man, I love your videos, with the washing, the baby's cot, TH~IS is how rock and roll should be, no BS, no huges houses full of the air of divorce to come, just the smell of baby powder and last night spag bol, and that lovely burning smell of EL84s

Just brilliant, like Dagmars goal against England in the Semi Final, even if's not what you like, it was just superb