FAWM 2012

• 17 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »
in feb i will be off to FAWM & wont be around much
im going to try to write & record a whole album of 14 songs in that month
i wont post them here i dont think that would go down very well... i may post some

anyway if anyone else wants to try it heres the link where you sign up http://fawm.org/

the secret is realy to make friends quickly ....write something & post it & leave fedback on others songs ...they will recipracate & come to your homepage & so you quickly make friends for support & collaberations & just to get into the whole thing ...& join in the forums there

if you fancy trying it this will be my home page... visit me & i will help you :)  http://fawm.org/fawmers/tinam/
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Kafla

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 06:25:08 AM »
Oh man I would love to do this but would hate to slow down my output  ;)

But seriously I am away on holiday for a week in Febuary and would get castrated if I took any gear with me

All the best of luck Tinam  ;)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 03:09:05 PM »
Hi Tinam,

thanks for the information and invitation. I don't want to take this step as i enjoy tweaking around with one song for ages, for me that is part of the fun.

Have a good time, and don't forget your fellow-forumers

and Kafla...i hope you don't get withdrawal signs....i once very Bravely went to France without any musical equipment, within a few days i was scanning all the garage sale markets looking for a cheap guitar or anything that can produce sound (like cheesy toy keyboards)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »
thank you both for the good wishes!
 i am very lucky my hubbie lets me do it & doesnt moan when the dinner is late the kids are running riot & the house isnt clean etc cos im ingrossed in FAWM as it is a very big commitment! :)

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
Oh man I would love to do this but would hate to slow down my output  ;)

But seriously I am away on holiday for a week in Febuary and would get castrated if I took any gear with me

All the best of luck Tinam  ;)

:o I'd be the one wielding knives if I had to travel without something...a mandolin at least :D

Anyway, good luck tinam, a whole album in a month is way beyond me!
Post the best ones!

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 06:59:05 PM »

yes good luck with it tinam, think it would send me over the edge...respect.

i imagined you were flying off to the states or somewhere..

...eat plenty of fresh biscuits,  choc digestives preferable, tea bags, perfect.
good hunting
nooms

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Mr.Chainsaw

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
May have a lookey-loo at this. Sounds fun!

But don't think this gets you out of the Valentines Competition, nurse tina!

Peter

P.S. Don't forget your friends on here can always help you with what your doing :)
Everything is easier said than done.

Except talking.

That's about the same.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
thankyou all for the encouragrement!
remember these songs will only be rough recordings im not superwoman!
nooms you & your biscuits are inseprable...if i eat biscuits i end up looking like them ... the round ones! ..which ones do you look like?

peter... you can just do lyrics if you want there are plenty of people there who prefer to do music & are looking for lyrics..but they have to find you first which is why you have to put yourself about there & spend time  listening to others & if you like there stuff then leave a message saying i have a lyric you might like
unfortunately i always have more lyrics than music but i can point you to people whod want them

& i wont be finishing my valentine song till feb 1st then i can use it as a legit fawm entry! ;D im not stupid!

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »
well i thought id better get my setup improved to help me do FAWM a bit easier but of course ive just made things worse! >:(
i bought a usb midi keyboard cos it was nice & small & it made reaper lose my soundcard so i couldnt record at all!
 & the preamp thing i bought i cant work out how to use with my mixer so ive just abandoned the whole lot  & been trying to get evrything back the way it was franticaly for FAWM...when is someone going to make  female versions of all this gear so i can understand how to use it all!
anyway been thinking i will post evrything i do in this thread so anyone whos intrested in my progress can see it & i dont interfere with the reviews forum

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
Sounds like you're having a nightmare! I wish I knew how to help.

Hope you get it sorted :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
I've thought long and hard about getting involved with this but I don't think I can genuinely commit the time required.

Also I've already got dozens of bits and bobs in various states of creation that I need to start playing and developing.

Hope you get your technology sorted and good luck and happy creating.
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
thanks guys for the good wishes.... i finally seem to have evrything working as it was before i tried to improve it! :-[ its so embarressing!
anyway i know FAWM hasnt started yet but its good to meet old friends & make new friends first to make sure you have a n audience so im busy over there already....but i will be back in march...& i will update this thread for anyone whos intrested :)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:16 AM »
ive managed 4 lyrics & 1 collab so far so its a nice start & theres a great atmoshere there
hope to have a couple of complete songs ready by monday
http://fawm.org/fawmers/tinam/

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:11 AM »
im now up to 5 complete songs done but also 3 collabarative efforts where ive done the lyrics & someone else has done the music..& got another 4  songs written &  half recorded so its going well but im exhausted! :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »
how are you doing now, Tinam?

Don't forget to feed some of these FAWM efforts back to your your fellow-formites!

hurry back when your finished ;D ;D ;D ;D