konalavadome

My Writing Diary

• 8 Replies

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« on: June 14, 2021, 05:55:12 PM »
6/14/21
random thoughts on songs, no particular order.
santa fe, nm.  thinking about crunchy dry sounds. everything changing, turning green. monsoon season?
desert bugs. big black fuckers that respond to light. the camera flash. still havent seen a rattler.
song about water. one two water. flooding. florida. property values. melting ice caps. the ice caps are always melting in every song.
waves vocal bender creates an annoying stereo/phase thing. cant find a good way to make mono without aux blah blah blah.
more top on the kick. less top on the long squeal that glides over the verse. send it back.
several lines are nonsense placeholders that i cant tie. dont want to.
sometimes the syllables land dime on the kick other times its loose. not sure whether this matters or if i am picking.
snapshot of a time. just a description. observer.

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »
old school. old. knobs. aches, pains and knobs. switches. on off on off. envelope. LFO. old.
heat. walk in the park see a hundred dogs. pretty people. listen to Ravel and Dylan and Trippy Red and myself.
big EQ sweeps and saturation. drink water and dwell on every tiny family slight. stare at the tree shadows vibrating.

its a wet day . rain coming up from the gutter get sprayed . get pushed around get pulled under . be  goner . be a good drowner 
tip the water . leave the money on the counter. walk away forever. come up for oxygen . your life is liquid slushing out your moccasins. todays forecast . hot again . the earths so angry wants to put us all behind it but its not ready . credible reports try to sort through the evidence. nothing but a burning in the collective resonance . bubbles in the tap oil in the sediment. billions of terabytes totally irrelevant . just blame the president . scream in the theater . be better subscriber survivor deep breather . take a deeper breath take a pain reliever . take a lot of pictures of yourself and just delete them for your health . some political pixels are flooding in and you believe them . rewrite your dna so you can be them . such a glamorous costume so gorgeous on you wear it for the rest of your life i know you want to youre dreaming. every day i try peel away this plastic wrap once its flayed it stays around the ice caps maybe i like it like that. maybe im tired and id rather not fight back . sip an ice tea on my life raft . watch the fighter jets write that . advertising in the flight path . baby do you wanna come upstairs for a night cap . wake up in the morning right back where we started broken hearted . staring at the videos of victims their departed . digital artifacts that alter knowledge . the playbacks all distorted . live on the scene so saturated with meaning the reporters cant even report it.
theyre all under water now . bobbin up and down like the dow jones . bumpin up against the bow of the boat . getting picked clean like the cow bones . kinda makes you wonder just how those . fancy party people keep their property dry . theyll probably die. when the ocean gets so impossibly high . that it suffocates the pearly gates . angels wait to process your paperwork and slap a little sticker on your license plate . hope your satisfied . hope you could get what you tried . to accumulate before you died  . hope you could pull your baby out of the tide . hope they dont resent you for this hell you made em went through . its homicide . and i bet you probably think you need a lawyer to represent you. jesus fucking christ if i were god i dont know why id invent you . dear god what possessed you . nice try awesome way to go bless you . whats next who wants to swim . who wants to pretend that weve got gills and fins who wants to admit the shit that were in . who wants to curl up into a ball in the climate control in a condo swaying in the wind while you watch your property values laughing at you on segment on cnn .

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 06:32:36 PM »
everything slow today. pacing around the place listening to things through the walls.
going to start tracking a new song today. which one? drawing them out of a hat. not connected today at all. need air. need some plant life.
waiting for the mastering to come back before i can move forward on anything. shes going to tell me to compress the snare or turn it down or something.
need some sort of connection to the outside world.
need a random encounter. something to slap me. havent seen my friends in more than a year. im living in a town where i dont know anyone. im surrounded by lizards. totally sober. what have i become?

-
say hello to the new me . growing through the cracks . the broken sun reflecting off my pealing artifact . i remember what i was to you but theres no going back
say goodbye to the old me . sucking resources . driving up the price of air as i horde it in my torso . that was greed that governed me with unnecessary force.
everything is brighter now. the pressure and the drive has crossed over the threshold of just keeping me alive . its breaking up my being and im born when i divide
say hello to the new me. recognize the shape . that cutting through the tether finally creates . breathing through my bare feet . releasing expectations.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 01:01:47 PM »
@Olive Fromm - Hope your eye gets better, if it is something than can get better.

Love your ideas, can you sing?

Maybe we can plan a random encounter? not before 5 but after 8:39, let make it very Thursday, just make sure it's reliably random, or maybe not, don't wait for the mastering, delay the mistressing.

I'm just going off to pace the Walls.

Must remember to buy some more sherbet.

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 09:01:35 PM »
@cowparsleyman
thanks for the reply. my eyes are doing ok, thank you.
i think if someone encounters you intentionally its not random anymore.
stay well.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 09:04:37 PM »
@cowparsleyman
thanks for the reply. my eyes are doing ok, thank you.
i think if someone encounters you intentionally its not random anymore.
stay well.

@Olive Fromm - good to hear, my response was mildly ironic 😎

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 09:05:40 PM »
so continuing along. ate in a huge garden. making sample chains. testing the "Aanalog obession" plugins and theyre pretty great.
just going to record today. i dont want to talk to people.
https://soundcloud.com/olivefromm/new-me

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »
recording:
making a huge mess, cleaning it up, getting too clean, remaking the mess, walking a line.
what is possible, what my head can wrap around, what i am afraid of. comfort zones. tests. friends and enemies.
dwelling way too much on the past. writing a song called the past. el oh el
sometimes a broken record sings the right song twice a day
sometimes a broken mirror looks you in the eye just to say
its time to grab that hard drive youve been living in
theres a war between you and the future and the past is winning
welcome to the past

Olive Fromm

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2021, 08:04:35 PM »
Today is one of those 'pile on the sounds today / dial them back tomorrow' kinda days.
lately tremolo and gates are my friend. i take a couple of conflicting sounds and apply dueling tremolo or gates set to opposing times. then i walk around outside the room to hear it through the walls (mono) and mix them.
i have like 2 friends who actually listen to anything i make.
moved my meditation location to the stream across the street.
there are purple flowers? what are they? i will use google lens to image search.
true botanist.
voice sounds strained on this song. thinking about trashing the whole project.
out of range. pitch but no tone. rasp. not the good kind. not sure how to own
this. the only thing good about my voice is the hi hats.