konalavadome

Somethin' More Comfortable

• 18 Replies

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« on: June 11, 2021, 07:17:11 PM »
Title track from my charity album ‘Somethin’ More Comfortable’ released via Bandcamp on Tue June 15th. All proceeds go to UK based charity Oxfam. I've priced the album at just £5 - more if you can. I'm not expecting to conquer the world with it but, if I can get my songs heard and raise a few quid for a good charity in the process, I'll be happy. Quite a few of the songs have a appeared here before at some stage but some are remixes. I'll post an update on how the project is going after a couple of months or so. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Had a few issues with the sound quality of the Bandcamp release so, having reached my financial target, I've now ended the charity campaign and provided a link to The Box. The album is there and is now free. Most important, it now sounds as it should.

Link to the album:
https://app.box.com/s/ty6sjx47qqlks3nl6rlml3i0kjbouhma

In the spirit of the forum, the track can be listened to here as usual:
https://soundcloud.com/chris-price-824458122/somethin-more-comfortable

Somethin’ More Comfortable

Words & Music ©2021 Chris Price

Spider Maya was on fire when she swept into the room
I sat at the blackjack table I was whistlin’ a cheeky tune

It was all in a glance, the lady fancied her chance
Then she said shall I slip into somethin’ more comfortable..for you
I said don’t mind if you do
Yeah, somethin’ more comfortable for you
Just do what you wanna do

Took a pistol from her bag and shot up a pair of dice
Turn around and blew me a kiss, that’s a classy way to entice

She got it down to a tee, Spider’s looking at me

Spider Maya grabbed my hand and took me to her room
My fingers were all tinglin’, cos I know what she can do

It was all in a glance, the lady fancied her chance

And on my website (Song 33): https://5ded45f1cd13e.site123.me/
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 12:50:57 AM by ChrisPrice »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 08:58:53 AM »
Well done @ChrisPrice with the charity release. Top man & nice to have your songs on one album. Good vibes on this one..like the way a lot of your songs are almost conversational.. "don`t mind if I do"..nice ,relaxed and safe in the knowledge it will be exquisitely played, sang & produced and there won`t be a bum note on there. Lovely stuff.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 09:18:11 AM »
@5 guys named Lars
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I don't know how well the album will do but if I can raise a bit of money for charity that would be great. Glad you enjoyed this song. It was a return to writing on my 12-string. :)

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 09:21:44 AM »
Yes its a lovely sound @ChrisPrice . I´ve got a 12 string gathering dust somewhere..I`d love to play it but don`t seem to have enough fingers. ;D

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 09:02:55 PM »
Good luck with the album @ChrisPrice - great cause.

Really like this song you've posted.. I also have a 12 string I can't play :) !! You, on the other hand... great sound, catchy song.. really great lyrical hook too.. and love that phrasing!

Fab!

K

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 09:13:25 PM »
@MonnoDB
Thanks for your kind words. I like writing on the 12 string. I'm only a strummer but it seems to inspire me a different way to the electric.

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 10:21:50 PM »
Well I’m gonna start weirdly by saying excellent choice of picture for the song! Secondly...I love her name “Spider Maya” how on earth did you come up with that?😆👍🏻 The songs cool! I mean, the dude did literally nothing and pulled the hottest chick in the room! (Reminds me of my younger days!🤪🤦🏼‍♂️🤣🤷🏼‍♂️ Kidding!)
I enjoyed your phrasing on this, especially in the second chorus....in the first chorus I wanted you to pause a little more before you sang “for you”....that’s not a nit, it’s just what I was hearing in my own head and i was over it by the end of the song.

Great job man and good luck.😄🎶👊🏻🎶

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 01:08:27 AM »
@LostBoy
Spider Maya featured in another tune of mine called 'Honey Badger'. It's a random name but I think it's fun. Someone on one of the forums wanted to hear more of her exploits so here she is again and she's one dangerous chick! I'd like to say that I was that lucky dude but alas it's all make believe!! Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 01:27:29 PM »
@ChrisPrice

Hi Chris, lovely conversational style vocals, sounds easy but hard to do! Nice chords (must think again about getting a 12 string). Lovely stuff all round.

Nice work

Jamie

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 01:34:59 PM »
Hola @ChrisPrice

First of all I wish you a lot of luck with your album!!!
The track, as usual, is a very good production and the story is different, sparkling and catching. You always manage to obtain the best results!!
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
@ChrisPrice - super song man, you hooked me in with the unfolding story, excellent work on that, like the sparing use of BVox.

when you mean something more comfortable, do you mean a Frog Onesie, or something more daring...(could have gone over the ears)

https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cb-News-Streaming-Amazon-Prime-Video-Borat-Film-Oktober-2020-27791591.html

Wonder if it could be a tad quicker? Wish you a barrel full of cash for your charity album.

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 05:46:05 PM »
@cowparsleyman
Thanks for your kind words. 'Somethin' More Comfortable'..something more daring I think! I've been watching too many old Bond films!!
As for the tempo, yeah, the idea of it being a bit faster also crossed my mind. I tried that and it started to sound a bit rushed if you know what I mean.
Anyway, thanks for your good wishes for the album. :)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
really nice description and story telling.
comfort is a theme that's haunting me these days

the song keeps me interested throughout the listen
seems effortless
and that goes well with the theme

I like it.
 well done
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 04:45:38 PM »
@ChrisPrice  i think i might like to meet this Spider Maya... she sounds dangerous! Love your voice, great gentle rock tune - like the BVs on the 'somethin more comfortable' which is also a great hook... Nice! now hand me a whisky, my boots and cowboy hat :-)
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2021, 10:49:01 PM »
Hi Chris, I always wish I was in the pub when I listen to your songs. They always have the feel of a great live band in that great English tradition of pub rock, which was really my upbringing and brings back so many happy memories. This one sounds so easily put together, such a nice flow to it, you know you are in capable hands and can just enjoy the journey.

Good luck with the album too!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860