konalavadome

Mirror Mirror (collab with KevySC)

• 20 Replies

LilPeeper

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
A decent song. Not my favourite song that I've heard on here though. I felt some of the lyrics were too on the nose such as "the wine is taking over." I also felt there could have been more detail and depth to the lyrics rather than surface level stuff. Enjoyable though especially the music. 

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 09:17:18 AM »
@MonnoDB - Glad you like it Karen, I invited Kev for this as I thought his Bowie-esque vocal would suit the style. Thanks for listening and the critique.

@LilPeeper - Thanks for the listen and the comments, you can blame me for the empty, surface level lyrics, I didn't want a load of meaning, very often I like the way lyrics sound not the heft behind them, I edited some lines Kev put in, just to make the song breathe a bit.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 06:15:05 AM »
Good stuff, guys..............I want to hear the guitars more up front, in a major way. You have some awesome music and percussion, but it seems stifled. Let this rock!!
The lyrics are good, and fit nicely. Lyric and melodic hook is spot on, and powerful!
Good one guys........
                                             -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »
Hi CPM and Kev, there's loads to like here... neat track!  I particularly dig the way the chorus goes dooooown not up in melody, unlike most choruses - particularly the deep 'mirror mirror' hook line at the end of them, that's great.  Kev sounded a bit Elvis to me in the choruses! (which works very well...).  The guitar patch was another big part of the appeal for me - a nice in-your-face chunky sound that opens the song in a no-nonsense way.  Maybe the only bit I didn't dig so much was the ending, it felt like it kind of petered out a bit rather than concluding.  Rhythmically I thought it was very strong too.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »
@PaulyX - thanks man, thats exactly how I wanted the ending…petering out, i wanted a kind of semi hypnotic  trance ending, you know, so you almost think of something else…one of my longer fades…no snappy billy cobham snappy jazz fusion endings… more like a dairy milk left in a car parcel shelf

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 01:41:32 PM »
A lot of collaborations lately, me like!
The first second made me go: hell yes, let's go! but then the intensity dropped immediately and I felt a little cheated.
Some good guitarring that would be a little more prominent in the mix if you ask me.
Been a long time since I heard a cowbell, nice touch!
Since the bass is pumping 1/8ths I would have liked the kick to lock in with the rhythm of the guitars a little more, now they are dragging a little in different directions from time to time (if that made any sense?)
Minor stuff of course, a great listening, well done you two!