konalavadome

It's Ok To Cry

• 19 Replies

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 02:39:43 PM »
Many thanks for the kind remarks and feedback fellow forumites! :D

@moraamarolaloba Thanks Mora - washes ashes of soul - what a great line! Glad you liked it - sorry for the tears.

@pompeyjazz cheers john Weepy is a new one for me - but I'll be adopting it in future :D Appreciate the kind remarks.

@LilPeeper - thanks for the nice comments. I agree the lyric could have gone deeper. Not sure I'd be able to sing it though :D. BTW most of this story is true.

@Jamie thanks Jamie sorry for the lump in your throat. Maybe it was a piece of potato? :D

@rightly - thanks kind sir rightly!

@MichaelA - very kind of you. I have difficulty listening to this too if that makes you feel any better :D Oh well time to move onto happier songs :D

@5 guys named Lars - thanks to all five of you. Happy the piano works for you too.

@OleAnders Thanks for the great feedback. Some good advice on vocal delivery too. I'll keep that in mind for next time :D

@ChrisPrice Cheers Chris. Glad it worked for you.

@man made material thanks for the kind remarks. I agree about that corny spoken line. Think I'll remove it :D

@Wicked Deeds cheers Paul - happy it ticked some boxes for you :D

@Melusine2 - thank you! Great feedback

@montydog cheers Alan - very kind of you to say that. Weird but my vocal range has gone up with age though my falsetto range has gone down. No idea why.

@PaulAds thanks Paul Wonderful story about your Dad too - we all have these little snippets of memories that made us who we are :D Enjoyed the video - yeah that guy is a little disingenuous hehe D:

Hope I didn't miss anyone - if I did - thanks!

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 03:50:34 PM »
Theatrical? Nah, maybe more of musical? But in a very good way! A great song for sure and the delivery (esp the vox, damn, that vox esp towards the end). My only complaint would be the stripped down arrangement. Sure, less is more and all that but not for song like this. To my ears it is begging for strings, drums, the whole thing. If this was my song I'd throw everything at it including the kitchen. (wel,, I usually do I guess :-) ). Let it build toward that grand finale. Just my prefs of course, great as is of course!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:56 PM »
Thanks @Jambrains
Appreciate the kind remarks :D
It was stripped back because I wanted to enter it in a contest.
Hmm - should I throw the kitchen sink at it? .. maybe now.
But be careful what you wish for :D

cheers
Paul

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2021, 07:28:40 PM »
Well (maybe unsurprisingly) I like the fact it’s piano / vox 😁 but yes this has the emotional potential to support a BIG production. You’d have the whole place in tears if you performed this with a string section.

Not too theatrical at all. Just the right amount for the song.

The only thing I thought was your last line seems to have been turned down in volume too much..

Fab @Paulski !

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »
The lyrics in this are quite something and perfectly matched with the bare piano. I great listen Paul, I really enjoyed this one.