Thank you

• 4 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: May 21, 2021, 09:01:31 PM »
It’s been almost 15 months since I left my home in the northeast and then relocated to the Southeast.  During that time, I’ve experienced incredible success in both my personal and working life. 

I don’t think I ever lost the knack of writing and producing but my writing for many years until the above time was steeped in sadness.  I guess, I needed to find my happiness to become the writer once again that was aways there inside. 

The forum rolls on and on with new and old contributors and I wish you all well.  I’ve been so prolific and yet so busy at work that I wonder how I ever found the time to write so many songs and complete productions both for myself and others.   I have a number of songs on the forum that I’ve previously posted and pretty much abandoned.  I am however grateful to all of those who listened and took the time to review my work.  I tend to post many songs but am often reluctant to bounce them back up  to the top of the pile in the finished songs section and so I have created this thread to say a big thank you to everyone rather than promote those songs again.  I do think that the forum has heard enough Wicked Deeds songs for a long while so my posting will be restricted for some time.    I’ll be commenting on the ‘Headline challenge’ as there are a few more entries to come from forum members and it is only fair to acknowledge and review those.  I’ll also be submitting a new song for the ’Headline’ challenge in the near future, that I have been working on with @Boydie - called ‘Titanic Survivors Alive’

Anyway, I’m heading off home to the northeast to see my children for the first time in so many, many months at the beginning of June and also to finalise the sale of my home there. I can’t tell you all how good that feels.  The reunion is more than overdue (thanks to Covid restrictions). 

A big thank you to all of those who reviewed “Donkey Robs A Bank”, “Would you do the same?”, and ‘In Hartlepool’, not forgetting the collaboration  that I did with @montydog which I note has received some wonderful reviews.  Well done @montydog

Peace and best wishes to everyone.

Paul  - ‘Wicked Deeds’

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 10:25:03 AM »
@Wicked Deeds

“Real Life” must always take priority and in these “unreal” times it is often easy to forget that

I know I and many others have been heavily involved in the forum - but it is ABSOLUTELY fine to drop in and out to focus on real life stuff

It is wonderful news you will be seeing your children - and I get the sense of one chapter ending and another starting in the story of your life

I am sure all will go well, and I can’t wait to hear the soundtrack when you start writing again  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Hi Paul,

As you may have noticed I've been away a little while, popping in now and again over the past months to check out a few forum friends and their latest tunes.
Mine was the culmination of 3 not so great years, topped off with lockdown, etc., I just needed time away basically doing little except work and family.
Hope you find the break refreshing.

Digger

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 09:34:16 PM »
@Boydie,

Thank you for your message.  We'll have to catch up for a beer when I return from my break back home, now that I'm in the South. By which time, we'll have a million selling song in 'Titanic Survivors Alive."

@digger72, thanks for your message.  Good Tom see you around again my friend.

Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 08:21:32 AM »
@Wicked Deeds - I hope it goes well Paul, it's huge step to leave one's home, I guess it was too for Marie. Thanks too for reviewing my work, really appreciated it.

@digger72 - Yeah I noticed you weren't about, conspicuous by your absence, but we all have private lives and very often the demands from those are very powerful and binding, such that music has to be a dream, a yearning if you will, but the important stuff has to come first.

Rich