Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Forum Faves: April '21

(1/3) > >>

Sterix:
Hello, my name is Dieter Autobahn and you may remember me from my 80s collaborations with messrs Rick Stuck and Pat Aching (Stuck, Aching and Autobahn). You must remember us! We were the guys who inflicted all that "wonderful" formulaic pop music on you nack in the day. We used to take those "fantastically-talented" Aussie soap stars and pumped them into the charts - superb actors like Jason, Kylie, Dannie, and Stefan (don't it make ya feel good? Sure made our accountants feel pretty bloody good, I can tell you!). No? You youngsters today just don't know what you're missing!

Anyway, Sterix thought it was time to pay me back for what I did to his ears all those years ago and forced me to judge April's Forum Faves while he goes swanning off to enjoy old age which is not so much creeping up on him, but smashing him on the back of the head with a frying pan whilst saying, "Hello!".

We thought we'd do as special edition of Top of the Pops to mark the occasion. So, without further ado, let's get down to the movers and shakers as I reveal my top ten songs for April '21.

Cue: the TOTP countdown music:

At 10 it's a new entry from @Sebandme  with Nothing To Me.

Still at number 9; I can only guess at where he drew inspiration for this song from. It's @Jamie with .I Can Only Guess

Another new entry, all the way in at 8, it's @moraamarolaloba with TOuT EsT LÀ.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=18358.0

Hiding away at number 7 is @man made material with his commentary on domestic violence with Hideaway.

At number 6, the second of our foreign language entries this month. Cooking up a storm it's @OleAnders  with Havstorm.

Catching his breath at number 5 it's @Welsh Steve with the wonderfully atmospheric Breathe Easy/Fractured.

And just shy of the top three this month, @fischermans leaps in at number 4 with Mornië alantië

https://www.reverbnation.com/alexanderfisch/song/32566324-mornie-alantie-2021

Cue: audience applauses enthusiastically.

And now we come to the top three but who will make it to the very top? Have you guessed who it is yet? (no, not HIM!).

At number 3, it's @cowparsleyman with his remix of that @man made material classic Truth And Lies. With a kicking synth beat and smooth, clear vocals you just can't help nodding your head along to this one.

Dropping down from last week's top spot to park up at number 2, it's the artist formally known as @LostBoy  (and still is I believe) with the supremely all-too-catchy pop hit, Supanova. I swear this guy shouldn't be allowed near another synthesizer until he writes a so-so tune and stop making all the rest of us look like rank amateurs!

So, who you may wonder, has fought off the competition and taken the top spot this month? Well, it's a late entry, going straight in at number 1. And I will NEVER be able to look a lumberjack in the face again without raising an eyebrow and asking him if he did anything "interesting" this weekend. Living it up in his beachside house, it's @ChrisPrice with Sasquatch.

And that's it for this month's top 10. We'll have a mystery guest presenting next month (ooooh!). All that's left to say is congratulations to those who made it into my top ten, commiserations to those who just missed out (there were several), and keep rocking the forum with your excellent music.

Nb. This isn't an EXACT top ten. I just needed to put them in order in order to make it sound TOTP-ish.   ;D

Cue: end credits and music.

@Boydie please feel free to stickie when you get a moment. Thanks! :D

LostBoy:
Haha!! Sterix I really enjoyed this post mate and thanks to you for including my track!!🎉🤪👍🏻 congrats to all who made it into the top ten...especially Chris Price! ( I need to check out his track.)

Well done for putting this together mate. U are a legend! 🎶👊🏻🎶😁

man made material:
Nice work @Sterix  ... I had this playing in my head reading your run down!😁 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxu6E8OHHF4

ChrisPrice:
@Sterix
Thanks for doing this and for giving me my first hit in about 97 years in the business!! There's some great music here and I'm going to give them all a spin on the Dansette in my beach house. I hope that darn critter isn't there waiting for me!! Seriously, I appreciate this mate. :)

pompeyjazz:
Great work @Sterix and congrats to all of the nominees - Some great tunes as you say.

As @man made material mentioned the TOTP theme, I was looking at the various themes over the years - Which one is your favorite ?

Any volunteers for hosting the May review ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version