konalavadome

Walk in Wardrobe

• 19 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 04:22:05 PM »
Hey man, great song! The lyrics steal the show for me although the playing,singing and everything is well done too.
What a great story to write about, and YOU wrote the shit out of it mate! "Find a new way out of that walk in wardrobe" is just BRILLIANT!!
Very well done sir!! I doth my cap to you!😁🎶👊🏻🎶

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2021, 07:44:15 PM »
That bass sounds awesome at the start, really love how it pushing the song forward.
Guitars and organ beautifully arranged.

Lyrically tenderly treated. Found myself thinking, who do I not have stories like this from my childhood to tell? Great to read the tale and the way you expressed it and how you feel about into a song.

Brave, thoughful and beautifully played. My cap is also doth'd  ;)

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2021, 10:34:40 AM »
Well yes another cracker from @PaulAds . This has a delicious sadness/melancholic feel to it without it becoming twee. Love the way you sing the emotional lyrics in such a matter of fact way..it seems to add to the emotion I think.
There was a lot of shenanagins going on in those days & of course there still is. My granny was a PS for the Duchess of Westminster & she "accidently" swallowed 2 bottles of pills she`d been storing with half a bottle of whisky as you do. Maybe they`d come to a different verdict if she was a cleaner. Maybe I`m just a cynical old welly wobbler.
Everyone knew our MP had a penchant for young boys & bourbon & he became chairman of the Conservative Party..so thats one way to get ahead I suppose.
Anyway enough of this waffling, another great song Paul..both lyrically & musically. What a great collection of songs you`re amassing..a real talent. 

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2021, 09:17:05 PM »
A sad story well told. I must say I enjoy your angry uptempo stuff more but this is not bad by any means. Lyrics is the star of the show for me here.
The bass has a really nice "thunk" (what is it? A Rick?) but maybe it was a little "too much" for the track? Other than that the production is well done.
Keep 'em coming!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2021, 09:31:12 PM »
Ta, JB...yeah...it's a Ric 4003s. It has some controls on it to alter treble and bass and the like...but I've never used them  :)

Really pleased with the comments on this. I had to force myself to write it (FAWM) and felt I was milking a very sad story, which upset me a little. I suppose I got over myself by trying to do my best for her with the lyric.

Thanks to everyone!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter