Game Over

• 10 Replies

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« on: April 30, 2021, 09:50:41 AM »
Thought it was time to try & record & "produce"  ;D :-[ something from start to finish without relying & bothering some of the other guys on the forum to help me out. Tried to get it all done in April & nearrrly managed it. The song is finished but the recording isn`t. I could go on but I`ve got to start writing a rap about Harvey Weinstein. This was started after a footy match when Liverpool had failed yet again to put the ball in the goal thing..it could I suppose have other meanings. Would love any feedback re. the recording as I`m pretty crap at that kind of thing. Cheers guys & good weekend. :)

Game Over.
Slipped from the shackles & unbound the chains,
Its over..its over
I`m tired of playing all your silly games
Its over..Game over
Theres plenty more fish in the sea to cook
Game Over..Game over
Plenty of people who are free to fuck
Game Over..Game over
She flatters to deceive like shes always done
She`ll lead you on for more & then take it out on everyone
Though you`re attacking your defence is lame
GO GO
You moved the goalposts but its still the same
GO GO
The human thundercloud won`t cover me anymore..ANYMORE
Crept from the blindside now I´ve learnt to see
AND I KNOW THE SCORE.
She lost all sense of taste & it’s a bitter pill
Shes otherwise engaged with the bloke who runs the bar & grill.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:20:29 AM by 5 guys named Lars »

Sebandme

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 05:54:24 PM »
This is cool! Good melody through the verse.... The little break you've got going on is cool too.... İ got lennon vibes/the beatles with 80s indie in there also. My only grip is the repeating oh female voice.... Found that abit distracting. I enjoyed the listen tho.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:57:37 AM »
Great energy in this all held together by the repetitive hook line. This song like a couple of other of yours, @5 guys named Lars, has a kind of manic charm to it -  and a very good thing is that the listener can tell this can only be you just a few seconds in. Very distinctive sound, this one would make a great modern but quirky rom com soundtrack

At times I felt that Sergeant Pepper era Beatles had been pulled up kicking and screaming into contemporary times. I really liked the ending too, sudden though it was - and not just because the song had ended. 😀

I wasn’t so keen on the intro vocal loop, sorry, although it did have the effect of making the ‘band’ sound great when they knocked her out of the way.

Should be a Summer hit in Finland. 😉  But you will have to have a radio ready version too without that profane language you have obviously picked up by listening to @PaulAds.

Finally, maybe the highs and lows of watching Liverpool is the reason you are coming out with a succession of top tunes? That emotional roller coaster, currently colliding into misery and bitterness, must be insidiously inspirational, don’t you agree? Well, bitten by the same bug, I wouldn’t have written Phyllis the Fish if I hadn’t thought of drowning. Might even do it after Sunday ☹️
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 01:41:41 PM »
Thanks @Sebandme for listening & the feedback. You were right & I´ve now jibbed the voice for most of the song so she`s only at the start. A blessing in disguise as she was constantly unhappy about my off-pitch performance & fortunately when I told her she could only say "oh". ;D
Many thanks for the kind words @MichaelA ..lord knows in these difficult days we need them..often feel that we`d contribute more to the world if Sadio Mane worked in a Danish dairy & wrote crap songs & I could walk round in a daze looking befuddled for 90 minutes every weekend. The intention actually was that "the band" would suddenly explode into the song after the quiet start but I haven`t been able to pull it off yet (Sid James 1971) & it still sounds a bit puny. I was ready to take issue with your  claims of my profanity cos I was sure I hadn´t sworn in this one and then..ahh..no..again. :-[  It is strange because my dad is a Buddhist monk & my mum is the Archbishop of Canterbury so fuck knows where I get it from. Anyway thanks again Michael..I really appreciate it. :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 02:26:41 PM »
Loved this @5 guys named Lars It's a wonderful hotchpotch of 60's psychedelica, 70's new wave and some more modern influences. Love the footie metaphors - At least you don't have to write a song called "Failed to make the playoffs again" Wasn't sure about the beginning at first but it kind of grew on me. Another fabulous inventive, creative piece of work  :) 

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 10:40:58 AM »
I love the intro guitar sound,   My overall impression is that you need to aim for greater clarity in the overall production simply because your song is really catch and it deserves to be heard more clearly.  All of the ingredients are here however and they make for a cracking song!  Great contrasting sections are evident in this song and I think that is a really positive trademark of yours.

Paul

StevieJ

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 04:53:09 PM »
Hi, i enjoyed this song very much, it's deffo a toe tapper. Vocals go great with the indie sound production however I think it would be good if the whole piece was clearer sounding, i dont know maybe it's my sh*t laptop speakers. Anyway other than that great job, glad I listened!

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 02:04:32 AM »
A great track. As has already been said, a bit more clarity production wise would help but don't do anything to change the vibe cos it's really cool. Really enjoyed this. :)

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2021, 01:37:41 PM »
Thanks for the feedback & nice words @pompeyjazz , @Wicked Deeds @ChrisPrice , this is from the springtime so nice to see its still getting the odd play. I agree with you all about the clearer sound ,I thought I`d go back to it but never did & to be honest wouldn`t know where to start. No its nothing to do with your laptop speakers @StevieJ ,the productions a bit shit  :D ..will try & watch a few more YouTube videos to see what could be done. Thanks for the feedback boys..I appreciate it.  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 10:07:09 AM »
Hey @5 guys named Lars - just got around to this one. Sorry I missed it as everything's so good, just the vocal is a bit buried. Love the horn section towards the end, gives a little soulful feel, also the changes of pace are super effective.
Keep on trucking, this is another winner writing-wise and just a few mix tweaks would probably really make it shine.

subvibe

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 08:53:28 PM »
Hi Lars x5
sounds very Brit Pop & a great tune
as far as the recording goes i think it sounds a bit flat Maybe over compressed ?
otherwise great stuff

subvibe