Silver Sea (Collab with Cécile)

• 18 Replies

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 08:34:31 PM »
@pompeyjazz
Sorry, I'm a bit late to the party with this one. This is just superb. I'm in awe of your vocal style. A funky song with lovely instrumentation and a great guitar. You make the brass sound really good too. I'm not sure what Maggie May has to do with it, but your vocal style does sort of remind me of RS when he was at his best. Again, that's a compliment as I was a big fan, though not of his later stuff. This is so good I'm gonna play it again right now! Terrific song. :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 08:41:45 PM by ChrisPrice »

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 11:36:14 AM »
I actually think this is my favourite collaboration from you guys @pompeyjazz & Cécile . Lovely soulful backing track , beautifully produced. Your vocals really suit the soulful genre John and I love the bass. As been mentioned it did remind me of the Style Council. The song bounds along nicely & has a lovely summer feel. Superb song , well done to you both & thanks for the album. Thats my afternoon sorted. :)

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 03:31:12 PM »
@pompeyjazz   So I’ve listened to this track a fee times over the last week or so and not been able to comment because I just wasn’t sure what I felt... however today, suddenly it all makes sense... it’s really strange how your mood can affect the way you feel about music... anyway great soulful lounge vibe, great horn section astutely used, those stabs work really well, it’s a brilliant production in all. The guitar and keyboards and percussion all compliment each other nicely, nice effects on the guitars... it’s schmoove! 😎 nicely done!
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 08:02:56 PM »
@Wicked Deeds Thanks so much Paul - So much appreciated

@ChrisPrice Thanks Chris - I loved some of the early stuff that Rod did too, when he was with Jeff Beck - Shame that he have never gone back to that stuff in later years as it's top notch

@5 guys named Lars Thanks a million Chris - I know what you mean about the Style Council. A lot of people really went off Weller when he did that stuff. I think that they had some fine toons  :)

@man made material Know exactly what you mean man  :) Thanks so much for the listen and the review