I'm crucified

• 20 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2021, 10:08:40 AM »
Hi thanks for listening!

@ChrisPrice

Hi Chris, yes there are several influences, The Cult for sure, The Who, and Deep Purple were the ones I was conscious of. I said earlier I was aiming for a sound in the region of The Who and Deep Purple, and ended with Why and a bit mauve.........Thanks for your kind words!

@moraamarolaloba

Hi Mora, It's interesting that you mentioned the lyrics. I wasn't sure what to write for a 'classic' rock song, so I looked up a few lyrics and realised there was a lot of angst, being lost, nowhere to go etc etc, so I went down that road, and it was actually one of the easiest and fastest lyrics I've ever written......might have to do a few more 'rockers'!

Thanks again for listening!

Cheers

Jamie 

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2021, 07:04:33 PM »
I wasn't expecting this @Jamie,

The influences are plain for all to hear.  I really didn't expect to hear such a raucous vocal from you.  Kudos my friend.  Loving the space that you've created to deliver this song and yet, it isn't empty.  A pleasure to hear something quite different from you.  This is a real mix of styles.

Paul

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 01:58:31 PM »
@Wicked Deeds
Hi Paul, thanks, great comments. Yes for once I decided to move out of my vocal safety zone. I thought the song needed it, so 'gave it some', so to speak! It is a bit of a pastiche of influences and styles, but it was done on purpose to give a thumbs up to the genre. Can't beat a bit of rock (although prog is still my fave!)

Cheers

Jamie

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2021, 07:28:33 PM »
Hi Jamie,

Very cool song.

I was getting The Who loud and clear and it works brill. I wasn't getting so much of the Cult though.
Great job on the vocal delivery.

Some wicked guitar tones.
One of your very best for me - and there have been some stunners over the years.

Digger

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 08:46:10 AM »
Really good. Very nice riffs and guitar parts. Good vocals. Good Mix. I too was reminded of The Cult.

If I have to be picky I would say ....

1. I wince every time I hear 'Cuts like a knife' in a song. It's too well worn.
2. I wasn't entirely sure about the 'sun is too hot' section. The song seems to step back into the 60s a bit there and it has that surprising chord change on 'stars' which I'm undecided on. All in all - I guess I just didn't like this bit as much as I liked the rest of the track.
3. The bass sounds a little hesitant when it first plays that riff at the end. If you using a DAW I'd check/modify the feel of the timing there - it's very slight but I noticed it.

That's all me being picky like I said - I thought it was great stuff though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 08:52:20 AM by estreet »
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 11:11:50 AM »
Hi guys, thanks for listening!

@digger72

Hi, super comments! This was a bit of a 'classic' rock with a twist concoction, may have to try more of these in the future. 8)

@estreet

Hi, If you stick around you'll find out that this isn't at all typical of what I normally do. Wrote this because a new telecaster I'd just bought wrote it for me so I had to try and give it the right treatment. Lyrically I looked up a few classic rock songs and they do tend to be cliche ridden, so I got that right ;) with the cuts like a ...... ;D. Most of my songs have chord progression hand brake turns, so this although not typical of my output still maintained some of my musical 'tics'. I know what you mean about the bass at the end, I recorded it over and over and could never quite get out of that hesitant feel.In the end I persuaded myself it was ok ::) :o  :P Glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers guys its appreciated!

Jamie