konalavadome

I'm crucified

• 20 Replies

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« on: April 07, 2021, 02:04:30 PM »
Hi all, spoiler alert, this is not a religious song......I know it's Easter, (I'm so current... ???). A few weeks ago I was bullied by three erstwhile participators on the forum to buy a new guitar, a Squier Traditional Vibe Telecaster, since you asked (which is ace btw). After relentless trolling I succumbed and bought it (you know who you are ;)) . So now my marriage is in tatters because of my irrational spending on guitars, but on the plus side, I got a new song from it! The first thing I played on the new guitar was the riff that opens the song and soon (minutes ) I had the verse structure. I thought it needed a bit of a rock vibe, so I went for a classic guitar, organ, bass and drums vibe.Anyhoo, your insightful thoughts and comments are, as usual, appreciated.Be kind... ;) 8)

Cheers

Jamie

https://soundcloud.com/jamie1802/im-crucified

I'm crucified

Maybe the dawn will save my life
Your bitter words cut like a knife
And when the sky falls on my head
I'll sleep the sleep of the dead

This lonely child will feed the fire
Trapped by a noose of cold barbed wire
Where is the sun the I need it most
I hear the cry of an ancient ghost

The sun is too hot, It's burning my eyes
The moon and the stars, still sail through the sky

I'm crucified can't take no more
A blood red sky reaches down to the shore
A siren calls in the darkest hour
Slowly picking petals from a flower

The sun is too hot, its burning my eyes
The moon and the stars, still sail through the sky
And Angels will cry, theres a bridge to cross
Why can't you find me, who wants to be lost?

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 03:03:25 PM »
Brilliant guitar sound here @Jamie Glad you like the new axe - Jeez ! You are really going for it vocal wise here - I don't think I've ever heard you throw such welly at your vox - It sounds great. I love the vibe here, Late 60's / Early 70's rock sound - Reminded me of the Small Faces in some ways but with Jamie chord sequences. Great combo of instruments, organ sound is really cool as well and that Tele bights through just great - An absolute belter  :)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
Rockin' out here, buddy!
great guitar sound n hook there
I wish I could do that!!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »
Not 100 percent the stuff I listen normally but I enjoyed listening. Very good lead guitar. good production too. Sounds like good rock from the 70 or 80.
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 11:27:35 AM »
Oh @Jamie this is a cracker! I don't think I've ever heard you go full Roger Daltry - the beginning in particular reminded me of "Won't Get Fooled Again". Your characteristic chord changes are there but everything else is such a difference to your usual material apart from the bridgey bit. I have a Squire Strat but I can't make it sound like your tele. This is an absolute belter.
M

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 06:11:35 PM »
@Jamie  well that guitar sounds awesome!! Brilliant opening🤘 Great riff and lovely treatment!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »
Looks like that new guitar has released an inner demon Jamie, a great new persona for you unleashed. It’s funny sometimes how a new instrument can inspire new directions and experiments, it’s happened to me before.

I enjoyed that more full on vocal performance. Classic traditional rock for the most part, with a nod to prog rock in the break section. Really interesting mash up and I did like that intro riff too.

Well...if the marriage can’t be saved at least you got a fab tune out of it.  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 09:33:33 AM »
@Jamie Great intro and guitar riff, plus love the organ driving the backing track. Some very nice bass playing in there too. Very much reminds me of the Who and Small Faces. Nice job and enjoy take guitar!

Kevin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 05:58:28 PM »
Vocals are a revelation...we're so used to your silky smooth tones...it's super to hear you really go for it here...you out-rock your rocking new telecaster.

Was that a couple of unexpected chord-changes too?

Whatever next...

A brilliant prog-rock influenced outro section...that's what.

Reminded me of Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy of The Cult a little.

Only better.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 08:22:40 PM »
Cripes, those power chords are blowing my mind! Awesome!

And you seem to be channeling Ian Astbury with your vocals. The chorus while good was a little underwhelming compared to the awesome power of the verse you have before it. That I get that verse is hard to follow.

Love the riffing finish, great guitar work. Drums sound great, really lively underneath it all.
It's a crunching, raw pleasure of a listen. Great stuff.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 05:01:57 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@pompeyjazz

Hi John, yes its a lovely guitar, definitely worth the money and more....A for the vocal, I decided early on that if I was going to do a song in this style I would have to give it some 'welly', well with some trepidation this is it! And yes I was aiming for a late 60's early 70's rock sound, hadn't thought of the Small Faces, but that's a nice reference!

@rightly
Hi Mr. R, well who'd have thought I could rock.....glad you enjoyed it!

@fischermans
Hi Alexander, it was more of an experiment than a change in direction, don't expect a barrage of Brit rock from me....

Cheers and thanks again!

Jamie

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
Right up my street! That Tele sounds good as does the rest of the song. I can hear several possible influences here, but let's just say this is a great rocker. Hats off for some great vocals too. Excellent. :)

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 12:20:28 PM »
Hola @Jamie
Qué tal estás?
I like the smell that your magnificent lyrics exude, so descriptive and raw and poetically dramatic. Nice job

Cuídate

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2021, 09:53:46 AM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@montydog

Hi Alan, yes the 'won't get fooled' was done on purpose, it seemed to fit and was a nod to the era I was heading. I can recommend that guitar it's brilliant. Glad you enjoyed it!

@man made material

Hi, yes nice guitar sound, it kind of wrote itself once I played the opening section.

@MichaelA

Hi Michael, yes that riff come from nowhere when I picked the guitar up. And having decided to go down the 'classic' rock road I had to have a go at the full on vocal approach. Not sure I'll use it too many times though, still nursing a sore throat ;). Marriage counselling is going well.........

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:41 AM »
Hi all, thanks for listening!

@kevysc

Hi Kev, yes as I said earlier the Who feel was a deliberate quote I think I said won't get fooled, but I think it's actually from pinball wizard ??? :P.Pleased you mentioned the organ and bass, I thought they worked well!

@PaulAds

Hi Paul, yes The Cult were very much in my mind with the style of the intro, so guilty as charged! Yes I thought the vocals would get mentioned, not something I've done too many times before, still nursing a sore throat :-X. And yes there's a nod to prog in parts too, can't escape my roots!
Thanks for your cool words! I was aiming for territory in the region of The Who and Deep Purple, I landed in Why and a bit mauve......

@tboswell

Hi Tom, great review thanks, pleased you liked the recording your recent song was beautifully realised.Yes I wasn't aiming for an Astbury vocal, but I was thinking of the Cult in the treatment of the loud interludes and the quiet verses.

Cheers and thanks again for listening!

Jamie