konalavadome

Gary Barlow's songwriting course

• 11 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: March 23, 2021, 09:31:01 AM »
I don't know how useful this would be but I'd love to watch it. Quite steep at £80.

Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:28:16 AM »
Damn!

I just sprained my wrist reaching for my credit card 😀
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 10:34:58 AM »
@PaulAds, he needed your payment. It's been a tough year.  ;D

Paul

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 10:51:01 AM »
Ha ha 😀

Check out the Gary Barlow episode of Desert Island Dicks...it’s like watching paint stay wet...

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 11:06:57 AM »
I can do a course for only eight quid. But you need to bring your own kazoo!

Unless anyone has got a better bargain?  ;)
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2021, 11:44:33 AM »
@MichaelA, I`m running a course for £95, free kazoo included ;D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »
Joking  and pricing aside,  I'd wager that this is a riveting course and I'm sure many would learn from Mr Barlow's advice!

Paul

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 07:08:11 PM »
It's a pity you can't "like" individual posts on this forum. :p

Given the fact you can find all sorts of information on songwriting on the internet for free, is the £80 actually worth it?

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 07:45:15 PM »
£80 is too expensive.  I struggle to see who would buy this course.  However, I am 100 % certain that most if not all of the forum contributors would learn so much from this course.  He's not on my list of preferred writers but if someone on this forum was to present a melody of the same calibre as "Rule The World'  I would totally be in awe of that writer.  It is  an absolutely fantastic melody!

Paul
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by Wicked Deeds »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 09:16:34 PM »
Loving this lighthearted thread  :)

I’m sure Gary would have loads of great tips and has certainly been more successful that anyone could dream of.

“Rule the World” is a great melody. Lyrics are a bit shit. My favourite Gary Barlow lyric was this one...

“Dear HM Revenue and Customs. Please find enclosed a cheque for the £20,000,000 I owe the country because of the shameful tax avoidance scheme I participated in. Obviously, I’m disappointed that you’ll probably squander it on the NHS and winter fuel payments for old age pensioners, and shit like that. My mate David Cameron says I should be able to keep the OBE, though. Anyway, I didn’t actually break the law...because it was only tax avoidance rather than tax evasion...and it’s obvious that avoiding something is quite different to evading it”

Gary does seem quite in tune with those who DO rule the world...then again, not many people who make it bite the hand that feeds...even when they’re like Mr Creosote.

Seriousness aside, good luck to him...he seems to have got what he wanted out of life. I just wish that more people who get what they want out of life had wanted something better. The greedy little bastard.

:)

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 05:00:50 AM »
$80.00 is probably cheaper than 500 songs that suck cuz you did not spend $80.00