Gone Too Far - Ashes for Dreams

• 25 Replies

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 11:36:31 PM »
@MonnoDB @Jambrains Beautiful soothing sounds. Pro production. I love the unique style of singing where you don't let the rhythm of the song 'bully' your phrasing if that make sense. I think the vocal tone and phrasing makes your voice very recognisable and it sits lovely with this song.

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »
Just an amazingly written and performed song. It starts so sweetly and then slowly builds into a powerfully emotional force. There are two things that I think make that happen.

One is how you use your amazing voice @MonnoDB  . You lure us in with that sweetness and then blow us away with power and emotion....before letting us down a little more gently at the end.

The second is the mix. @Jambrains is a master of dynamic mixing, using every little subtle trick in the books to create waves of emotion. At the end of this song you know you have felt every bit of what was there to be experienced.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 11:18:44 AM »
Powerful emotive vocals "Does the break mean we`re broken"..excellent lyrics & a lovely tuneful song. Sounds very professional to me and I love the harp & the sweet ending. Well done @MonnoDB & @Jambrains .

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 10:07:33 PM »
I think the 6/8 timing in this really helps to make the passion in the song song so much less predictable. That melody is so sweet and well sung too, a very delicate yet emotive performance.

It’s like all the instruments are ready there ready to explode, but they hold back, in a disciplined restrained way which in turn enables the simple beauty of the melody to shine through.

Top form again...looks like the next album is shaping up very nicely. 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 07:06:52 PM »
@MichaelA thanks so much for your great comments.. as has been noted I think JB really did something special with the production. It’s lovely to read you enjoyed the song! Thank you, sir!

@5 guys named Lars thanks a mill for those great comments. Chuffed! 🙂

@Unclenny - great comments thank you. Delighted to hear we brought you through with us!!

@sweeny500 - love your comment  about the phrasing! I often have to force myself to stay ‘on the grid’ but you’re right this is quite fluid. Thanks so much!

Thanks all! Super chuffed with the feedback!

K

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »
@MonnoDB Yet another stunner from you and @Jambrains. Your vocal is superb and I love the ringing chords on the piano. Beautifully recorded and a lovely melody. Your voice reminds me of someone famous but maddeningly, I can't place it. The length is perfect - made me want to play it again straight away. A lovely thing indeed and totally immersive - it's like watching a fascinating film - you can't take your attention off it. Loved it.
M

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2021, 07:10:49 PM »
 ;D ;D
@MonnoDB Yet another stunner from you and @Jambrains. Your vocal is superb and I love the ringing chords on the piano. Beautifully recorded and a lovely melody. Your voice reminds me of someone famous but maddeningly, I can't place it. The length is perfect - made me want to play it again straight away. A lovely thing indeed and totally immersive - it's like watching a fascinating film - you can't take your attention off it. Loved it.
M

"Somebody famous" works for me @montydog - thanks so much for your lovely comments! Much appreciated!

K

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
Hola @MonnoDB

Your songs always move me. Beautiful lyrics, I learn a lot from your way of telling the story. I like it so much. A kiss. I hope you're well.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 07:15:39 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've been away too long (again) - so what an absolute joy to come back to.
Has the right balance between creativity and familiarity and is all delivered brilliantly.
Lovely vocals as always and great musicianship.

Top notch.
Digger

Melusine2

• Open Mic
    • Crowdfunding Melusine Web Page
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
lovely song , the instru is more intimate than others song you did realize together, but here i feel strong emotions. Maybe the song is too short ;)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 11:31:41 PM »
@Melusine2 - thanks so much.. Yes, you're right - it is short!! But we'll probably just live with that now...Thanks for your lovely comments!

@digger72 - hey how's it going?? I'm hoping you have stuff on the brew - can't wait too hear more (me = superfan) :)

Anyhoo, thanks for your rather lovely comments - chuffed!

@moraamarolaloba  - such lovely, poetic comments as always - I very much appreciate them!

Thanks all!

K