konalavadome

Open Your Eyes

• 22 Replies

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »
@MonnoDB
I fantastic song with a great vocal and lyrics. The instrumentation is very impressive. I can't offer any crits as I like this just as it is.  :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 10:53:53 PM »
Great production and arrangement.
Perfect selection of instruments and I love the tempo changes.
Your vocal really shines (as usual)
I wasn't a fan off all those "I" rhymes but that's down to my poor taste in lyrics :D

Good work all involved!
Paul

Andyb

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 04:37:31 PM »
I reckon you are one the best songwriters I've heard in this group. The instrumentation is bang on. One minor point and it is absolutely personal preference but a wee bit less vibrato on the vocal would work better for me but I really am nit picking just for the sake of offering some constructive criticism. Really excellent stuff. Top job on the percussion

Welsh Steve

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 05:02:54 PM »
As a Welshman...I'm loving the harp

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 06:16:30 PM »
Hello Karen a very proper example of good songwriting and good production. I like it very much.
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2021, 07:42:10 PM »
Thanks so much for the great feedback... this may take a couple of visits to respond 🙂 I’ve not been around much. Blown away by the comments I thank you all!

@fischermans  - thanks so much for your kind words!

@Welsh Steve  indeed - the auld Celtic influence. Thank you!

@Andyb  - thanks so much - what a lovely thing to say! I hear you on Larry the Lamb 🐑 as my somewhat excessive vibrato is called around some Scandinavian parts! I don’t consciously do it and so haven’t worked out how to control it and haven’t tried to ‘fix it’.... noted though... I might try and tackle it ... for now I just live with it. Thanks again - much appreciated!

@Paulski  - ya know I hadn’t even noticed that the ‘I’ rhymes were everywhere except the m8 until you pointed it out! How unobservant of me! Thanks for the listen and the lovely comments.

@ChrisPrice  - thanks a million for those kind comments 🙂!!

@adamfarr  thanks so much. Delighted you liked the Von Trapps' offering 🙂

Hey @PaulAds  thanks so much... yeah he defo earned his supper at least and my daughter appeared to enjoy the experience (long may that last!! How uncool to play on your ma’s stuff!). On the harp I would have said I had a hate hate relationship with it. It’s been sitting as an ornament in the house for so long and I swore I would never play it again - I think it has quite a ‘thin’ sound but something made me tune it up for the verse arps and then I found I quite enjoyed playing it when I figured out how to play it again :) arm position etc. ... believe or not it’s making an appearance on the next Ashes song too but I don’t expect that to be a frequent occurrence.. I really wish I’d spent all those hours as a kid learning something more useful.. like guitar!

@kevysc  yes back to my roots with the low whistle and harp!! Thanks a mill!!

@The Holographic Rodeo - interesting point re the M8.. hmmm... thanks a mill for your great comments...

@Unclenny - thanks so much... too kind, sir.. yes indeed a family affair! :) Didn't see that one coming..

@rightly - thanks a mill... yep harp and whistle indeed.. Much appreciated!

@man made material - thanks so much... such lovely comments!

@crystalsuzy - wow what lovely comments... you are always so kind. Delighted you liked it... Actually JB didn't mix it - I'm sure it would be a lot better if he had done.. he just tried to steer me as much as he could remotely... he is a very patient man!! :) Thank you!!

Hey @MichaelA what absolutely lovely comments. You're very kind thank you!! Delighted you liked it..

@Jamie - ha yes, we really did drag out the auld Celtic carpet for this one... Thanks so much for your lovely comments.. Hehe - royalties? What are they! :)

@montydog - you, jealous? Now that's mad coming from you! Well I guess I'd never think of adding a harp if I didn't have one hanging around the house and it's taken me many years to be tempted to actually play it again... but I did enjoy using it once I got back into it... Thanks so much for your lovely comments...

@Beebeesmith - thanks so much for that!!  :)

@sweeny500 Thanks for that.. I'm very fond of said drummer :) !! Much appreciated!

@pompeyjazz - yes indeed they do appear to be - Rightly posted a track with a harp the same day as I did! What are the odds?? Thanks a mill the lovely comments!

K

A Fernando

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2021, 10:19:54 AM »
Great lyrics Karen! “You want the silver the lining, but never the cloud”. Love that thought. Really well done with the instrumentation and arrangement. The flute adds a haunting nature to the vibe and whatever microphone you are using captures the timbre of your voice nicely.

Cheers,
Aldrin

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile