Bubble Wrap my Mama....(Bath Bomb Mix feat. Scot Levi)

• 13 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: March 12, 2021, 03:59:14 PM »
Hi All

Here's a bit of an odd ball, I wanted to revisit one of my songs "The Lizard Lounge" which featured @Cazrolina , but I wanted a totally different vibe... @pompeyjazz suggested that @ScottLevi was tasty at rapping so I contacted him, he was up for it, a Big Thanks to both of You.

There is some fruity language, which to me shows how fed up Scot was when he recorded it.

It is intended to sound like it's in the Bathroom, the story and lyrics are on SC. As always I would appreciate any critique and helpful suggestions.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 08:21:56 AM by cowparsleyman »

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »
@cowparsleyman @ScottLevi
cool sound, with the mellow platform providing great platform for the rap
enjoyed it.
:-) neil
songwriter of no repute..

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 11:39:03 PM »
great to hear from both of you
plenty of surprises in this one
Damn I wish could rap, I'm not far off, maybe soon
I enjoyed the listen, while rather intoxicated.
soldier on!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 09:47:42 AM »
@cowparsleyman cool vibe, really like the change up on the drums about  half way through .... would love to hear more of that! Excellent production

Kevin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 04:22:30 PM »
This is really super. It's brilliant to hear from Scott again...he's a great lad and his contribution here is awesome. Hilarious and touching...delivered with great panache.

Loved this!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 09:24:41 PM »
Ah ! I've really missed hearing Scott's stuff on the forum. He's one talented dude. I love the unique rapping style. Excellent work pulling this all together @cowparsleyman Is there a bit of Miles in there in the corner of the bathroom? A fascinating assault on the senses. Well done both

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 06:51:10 AM »
great rapping from Scott with some amazing rhymes in there (regards to him, long time!). I see what you mean about the um... "natural reverb".
The one thing I might miss in the absence of a lyrical chorus is a repeated motif that gives a break and something to return to - perhaps that sample could have featured more and become more of a hook? But I am 80s that way...
Great colaboration!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 06:56:22 PM »
Hey @cowparsleyman - great vibe to this.. fab rapping by @ScottLevi. Again great production from you. Had a listen to your original version also - interesting to hear them back to back. Such a different vibe to both but both great!

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »
This is just a seriously cool piece of work all around @cowparsleyman . Great rapping from @ScottLevi and very smooth instrumentation wrapped around it. fantastic production.

As an aside....

Damn I wish could rap, I'm not far off, maybe soon

I'll definitely be looking for that.  8)
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 09:07:55 PM »
@cowparsleyman
Smooth! Great groove, nice chilled organ stabs and some nice breakdowns, like when the (sax or muted trumpet?) comes in... rap isn’t my thing but I really like the laid back delivery of this👍
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 09:12:34 PM by man made material »
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2021, 12:48:55 PM »
Thanks very much to all those that took a punt and listened to this.

@man made material - Cheers guy, glad you liked the organ stabs, one of my favourite bits, a little touch, but effective.. It's a muted trumpet. Rap is definitely not my thing either, but @ScottLevi make it just great to listen to.

@Unclenny - Glad you dig it Man, yeah he is a star.

@MonnoDB - Karen, great to hear from you.. glad you liked it, thanks for listening to the original, I had no idea that Caz was going to sing about Chameleons, my brief was for a lounge lizard, such a surprise.

@adamfarr - Hola Adam, I know what you mean about the Chorus resolution, you have a great point, maybe next time Scott and I don our pork pie hats, grab the mics and gold chains, and do that odd thing with the hands and fingers...you know what I mean...we'll bung in a Chorus, or at least a M8.

@pompeyjazz - Cheers Johnno, can't thank you enough for the tip in working with Scott, he's a star, It was a bit cramped in that bathroom, Miles kept doing his strange drawings, check out his TuTu album, some good stuff on that.

@PaulAds - Thanks Paul, panache is his middle name, I couldn't do what he does.

@kevysc - Thanks Kev, glad you liked the drums, it's kind of important to keep introducing something different as you walk through it.

@rightly - Thanks for the listen Paul, hope it went well with the bier, let me know when you figure out rapping, maybe we can do something. I just can't imagine you rapping.

@Neil C - Thanks Neil for the listen, and the kind words.

To all, if you liked that , this might interest you, it's the original...

Regards

Man of Cow Parlsey

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2021, 07:11:16 PM »
Love both versions. No critz from me, just envy  ;)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 02:06:54 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, not really a fan of rap music, but I can appreciate the production playing and Scott's input.

Nice one!

Cheers

Jamie

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2021, 05:59:13 PM »
I am loving the "vibe" of this

The elements really come together nicely - particularly the background crowd vocals, which are a lovely touch

I think a little more variation in the track would help - eg play with the rhythm of vocal delivery as it is very repetitive. One of the key elements of rap is the interplay of the rhythm of the vocal delivery and the backing track so I think one or the other could have varied up a bit - eg some stops and starts

However, the converse of all of this is that the track has a wonderful "hypnotic" feel, which reminded of the early 90s rap

Overall though I thought the track was fantastic and it is a great collab!! Great job guys
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic