konalavadome

New Version -- The Great Reset or Conspiracy Theory?

• 25 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:56:44 AM »
Hi Guys, Well here's my latest original. I finally got around to writing something new, albeit, probably a little controversial :o
The is song just a query. I'm not saying that I believe totally one way or the other. I just thought it would make an interesting topic right now :-\
I hope you find it entertaining at the least and any suggestions on how I might improve it ,would be most welcome :)

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/the-great-reset-or-conspiracy-theory

This is a new version with a little more melody in the verses :) If you'd be interested in taking a listen, I would love to know if you think it's any better. :o

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/the-great-reset-2

If you don’t do anything else today
Listen to what some pundits say
Is our freedom of speech slipping away?
Is censorship no longer at bay?

“We got a conspiracy theory here…take it down”

Is the great reset, the ultimate goal?
Are liberty and choice, deserting their role?
Is Divoc 91, bleeding our souls?
While the new world order, takes control?

“Conspiracy theory…take it down”

Land of the Free; Home of the Brave
Land the imprisoned; Home of the Afraid

The Trump cards in the attic, and the joker’s in your head
The butter’s going rancid and there’s maggot’s in the bread
Nobody has a face; mouths as black as coal
Apocalyptic hangover‘s starting to take its toll 

Global surveillance in total disguise
Subtle brainwashing and so many lies
Serums flood the market, as the 'gates' open wide
Watch out, cause you’re in for a big surprise

“Conspiracy theory…take it down”

We need to stand up for democracy
Or we’ll loose all our rights to autocracy
Elite power hungry, bureaucracy
Oh my God, the hypocrisy!

These are unprecedented times
Isolation is key to our survival
We must keep muzzled and separate
Our enemy may be small, but it is relentless
It feeds on fake news and conspiracy theories
Fear is our friend now; we must never surrender

The Trump cards in the attic, and the joker’s in your head
The butter’s going rancid and there’s maggot’s in the bread
Nobody has a face; mouths as black as coal
Apocalyptic hangover‘s starting to take its toll

Conspiracy theory; who’s on the jury?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 06:28:36 AM by crystalsuzy »

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:27:56 AM »
Well done
very clear and lucid lyrically
Not quite as decorative as your other tracks
still nice to hear your take on these times
thanks for sharing
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 08:02:13 AM »
Hi crystalsuzy...........this is very relative to our times. I applaud you having the gumption to write about these remarkable times. Most cannot, or will not.
With all that's going on, I find it difficult to focus primarily on puppies, love, sunshine, loneliness, and drug addiction. The times are in our face.............love what you are doing!!!
GREAT job.
                            -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:27:26 AM »
Fabulous and thought-provoking.

I must apologise to anyone who’s had the misfortune to talk to me when I’ve stumbled back into addressing these issues...as I seem to have become really tiresome about it all. The Friday zoom call is probably a case in point...although I do try not to keep getting drawn back into it...and try to be vague about it...as I suspect it gets on peoples nerves.

We’re sleepwalking into tyranny. Worse than that...we have been suckered into cheerleading the onset of that tyranny by believing that it’s being done for our own good. It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach...but I gave up banging my head against the wall quite a while back.

I just need to shut up about it and enjoy whatever time I have left on planet earth. In all of my years railing against this, that and the other...I don’t think I’ve been able to convince anyone that there’s been anything untoward taking place. I don’t think the ducks are all quite in a row yet...so there’s still a little bit of hope. I’m not really religious, but I’ve been much more inclined that way lately, and say my prayers from time to time. Because what seems to be coming is of biblical proportions.

At the very onset of this, I said to a few people that I thought this was the controlled demolition of western civilisation. I wasn’t being 100% serious...but I am now.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
@crystalsuzy Lots of variation in the arrangement which is very important I think to keep the listener's attention. Maybe the verses lack melodic variation/dynamics a bit. I read the lyrics first then listen to the song. I found that maybe because of the duo vocals along the way I couldn't grasp the lyrics if I hadn't read them first. As for the lyrics, well the elephant's getting bigger, some say he's not there at all...

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 08:46:14 AM »
What an incredible piece of music @crystalsuzy There is so much going on here. It must have taken you ages to put this together. So much to take in, it takes a few listens to appreciate everything that is going on. Some lovely tempo and and key changes and thought provoking lyrics. Superb

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 08:44:39 PM »
This is great. A lot of stuff weaving in and out which I really like. It kind of reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. Excellent lyrics which are very appropriate right now. :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 09:16:23 PM »
Hey @crystalsuzy - how lovely to hear something new from you.. And as always it's a feast for my ears.. great lyrics.. really interesting topic to tackle..

Great movement through the whole piece.. almost a number of songs in one but knitted together beautifully..

I know I'll be giving it more listens and will continue to spot stuff I missed the first few times..

Great stuff CS!!! Love it... 

K

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 11:03:11 AM »
Hi @crystalsuzy,

Your writing never fails to disappoint,

there are so many musical styles coming together to make this happen.  Despite all of the contrasting elements that are evident here, I always look for melody.  I enjoy the subtle acoustic guitar parts and think that your vocal is often a joy.  This is never more evident than the hummed sections that I find to be an absolute delight.

Paul

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 11:39:59 AM »
@crystalsuzy
Oh this is so clever and inspired! Beautifully written and arranged- it's dense and full of ideas but never too fussy. This must have taken bleedin' ages! Your sound and approach is totally unique and I really look forward to hearing your songs. I think this song is maybe a little more direct and muscular than some of your previous work which is perfect with the subject matter - tell it like it is.
Loved it as always
M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 03:05:57 PM »
@crystalsuzy

Hi Suzy, certainly a lyric in tune with the times.Very well written and executed. Made me think of Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane. You sang it really well, enjoyed it!

Cheers

Jamie

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »
@crystalsuzy  a really complex and engaging listen! Some very clever lyrics, love ‘trump card’s in the attic’ part and the way it the whole thing cranks up at that point... I love the layered vocal treatment, and the hummed hook.... great production overall too👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 12:01:09 PM »
@crystalsuzy I agree with the comment regarding Grace Slick. Lots going on here musically and some thought provoking lyrics.

A couple of minor suggestions : the "Conspiracy Theory ...." spoken lines could be slightly lower volume ( maybe just my headphones). Also, the drums are a little uneven in places. However, those are very minor ( and probably just personal) nits.

Nice work, Kevin

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2021, 11:32:27 AM »
Well done
very clear and lucid lyrically
Not quite as decorative as your other tracks
still nice to hear your take on these times
thanks for sharing
thanks for having a listen and taking the time to leave a comment @rightly. I purposely kept this one low key arrangement wise, so that the lyrics were the highlight...

Hi crystalsuzy...........this is very relative to our times. I applaud you having the gumption to write about these remarkable times. Most cannot, or will not.
With all that's going on, I find it difficult to focus primarily on puppies, love, sunshine, loneliness, and drug addiction. The times are in our face.............love what you are doing!!!
GREAT job.
                            -Tom
thanks for the thumbs up on the subject matter Tom. To be honest, I don't know what to believe these days, but I feel compelled to write about it anyway. Who knows what the truth really is and I know what you mean about it being hard to focus even on the simple things in life(not that loneliness and addiction are simple!). Thanks again for your kind comments.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:38:02 AM by crystalsuzy »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 01:21:44 PM »
Very interesting stuff and well up to your usual productions. Great harmonies and I especially liked it when you hit the high notes.
I am sure we'll never know what is true and what not, but the point is not to believe anything without some critical thought which is very easy for many to forget.