New Version -- The Great Reset or Conspiracy Theory?

• 25 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 12:30:52 PM »
Fabulous and thought-provoking.

I must apologise to anyone who’s had the misfortune to talk to me when I’ve stumbled back into addressing these issues...as I seem to have become really tiresome about it all. The Friday zoom call is probably a case in point...although I do try not to keep getting drawn back into it...and try to be vague about it...as I suspect it gets on peoples nerves.

We’re sleepwalking into tyranny. Worse than that...we have been suckered into cheerleading the onset of that tyranny by believing that it’s being done for our own good. It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach...but I gave up banging my head against the wall quite a while back.

I just need to shut up about it and enjoy whatever time I have left on planet earth. In all of my years railing against this, that and the other...I don’t think I’ve been able to convince anyone that there’s been anything untoward taking place. I don’t think the ducks are all quite in a row yet...so there’s still a little bit of hope. I’m not really religious, but I’ve been much more inclined that way lately, and say my prayers from time to time. Because what seems to be coming is of biblical proportions.

At the very onset of this, I said to a few people that I thought this was the controlled demolition of western civilisation. I wasn’t being 100% serious...but I am now.

Thanks and I hear you Paul. I'm praying that my worst fears will be just that, and will not come to fruition. I'm also glad that I'm nearer to the end of my life than the beginning, and that I have lived a good one. I'm very sorry for my children and grand-children and all the younger humans that may be stuck in, what may be in a world with little freedom, but as you say, maybe the ducks aren't all quite in a row yet. I never give up hope that enough people will awaken consciously to change this course. Be happy Paul.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2021, 02:40:08 AM »
@crystalsuzy Lots of variation in the arrangement which is very important I think to keep the listener's attention. Maybe the verses lack melodic variation/dynamics a bit. I read the lyrics first then listen to the song. I found that maybe because of the duo vocals along the way I couldn't grasp the lyrics if I hadn't read them first. As for the lyrics, well the elephant's getting bigger, some say he's not there at all...
Thanks so much for your thoughtful comments @sweeny500 . I think you're right,  so I have taken them into consideration and I'm working on the verse melody and trying to make the lyrics easier to understand(most important in this song). I think maybe there is too much reverb(if that's possible) Lol! I hope you'll take a listen to the new version when I post it.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 07:26:38 PM »
This is great stuff @crystalsuzy

The production is crystal clear ('scuse the pun), which really helps the song "connect"

I think your writing has a wonderful "Danny Elfman" type vibe and this song would not sound out of place on the Charlie & The Chocolate Factory soundtrack)

I think the "tom tom" drum rhythm works particularly well and I would have liked to have heard more of these as they "fill out" the track perfectly
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 12:14:17 PM »
What an incredible piece of music @crystalsuzy There is so much going on here. It must have taken you ages to put this together. So much to take in, it takes a few listens to appreciate everything that is going on. Some lovely tempo and and key changes and thought provoking lyrics. Superb
thanks so much John, means a lot coming from you. I've done a new version with more melody in the verses. Love to know what you think.

This is great. A lot of stuff weaving in and out which I really like. It kind of reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. Excellent lyrics which are very appropriate right now. If you get a chance let me know what you think of the new version :)
Thanks Chris...did you ever think of what it reminded you of? thanks for the thumbs up of the lyrics...most important in this song. Love to hear what you think of the new version.

Hey @crystalsuzy - how lovely to hear something new from you.. And as always it's a feast for my ears.. great lyrics.. really interesting topic to tackle..

Great movement through the whole piece.. almost a number of songs in one but knitted together beautifully..

I know I'll be giving it more listens and will continue to spot stuff I missed the first few times..

Great stuff CS!!! Love it... 

K
thanks so much K. It did take some time to put this together and I know it probably sounds like more than one song going on, but that's quite often what happens in my songs. Love to know what you think of the new version.

Hi @crystalsuzy,

Your writing never fails to disappoint,

there are so many musical styles coming together to make this happen.  Despite all of the contrasting elements that are evident here, I always look for melody.  I enjoy the subtle acoustic guitar parts and think that your vocal is often a joy.  This is never more evident than the hummed sections that I find to be an absolute delight.

Paul
thanks so much for you kind comments Paul. I've added little more melody in the verses, so I'm wondering if you like it better than the 1st version.

@crystalsuzy
Oh this is so clever and inspired! Beautifully written and arranged- it's dense and full of ideas but never too fussy. This must have taken bleedin' ages! Your sound and approach is totally unique and I really look forward to hearing your songs. I think this song is maybe a little more direct and muscular than some of your previous work which is perfect with the subject matter - tell it like it is.
Loved it as always
M
Thanks for your lovely comments Alan...you are always so supportive. If you get a chance, do you think the new version sounds any better or is it too fussy now?

@crystalsuzy

Hi Suzy, certainly a lyric in tune with the times.Very well written and executed. Made me think of Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane. You sang it really well, enjoyed it!

Cheers

Jamie
Thanks much-ly Jamie. Ya, it's definitely a lyrically timely piece...I always feel compelled to write about stuff like this. You're right, it does have that 'White Rabbit' kind of vibe...drums I guess. Do you think the new version is any better?

@crystalsuzy  a really complex and engaging listen! Some very clever lyrics, love ‘trump card’s in the attic’ part and the way it the whole thing cranks up at that point... I love the layered vocal treatment, and the hummed hook.... great production overall too👌

thanks so much MMM. I appreciate your supportive comments. I love the upbeat sections as well. If you get a chance let me kno what you think of the new version.

@crystalsuzy I agree with the comment regarding Grace Slick. Lots going on here musically and some thought provoking lyrics.

A couple of minor suggestions : the "Conspiracy Theory ...." spoken lines could be slightly lower volume ( maybe just my headphones). Also, the drums are a little uneven in places. However, those are very minor ( and probably just personal) nits.

Nice work, Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I've lowered the volume of the spoken bits and added more melody in the verses so let me know if it sounds any better. Not sure where the drums aren't quite on...can you let me know? thanks

Very interesting stuff and well up to your usual productions. Great harmonies and I especially liked it when you hit the high notes.
I am sure we'll never know what is true and what not, but the point is not to believe anything without some critical thought which is very easy for many to forget.

thanks for your kind comments Adam. Glad you liked the harmonies and you're right, we'll probably never know for sure whats true or not, but I do like to explore all the aspects, in a questioning way. If you get a chance let me know what you think of the new version. Thanks 

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 12:16:30 AM »
Hi guys,
Sorry to bump this song, but I'd really like to get a little feedback on the new version, to know if anyone thinks it's any better than the first ::)
Thanks for taking a quick listen :)

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/the-great-reset-or-conspiracy-theory
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:17:50 PM by crystalsuzy »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 11:15:53 AM »
that's right up there with your best

I do prefer this version to the previous
Very imaginative and articulate.

Well done!!
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 12:43:08 PM »
This is great stuff @crystalsuzy

The production is crystal clear ('scuse the pun), which really helps the song "connect"

I think your writing has a wonderful "Danny Elfman" type vibe and this song would not sound out of place on the Charlie & The Chocolate Factory soundtrack)

I think the "tom tom" drum rhythm works particularly well and I would have liked to have heard more of these as they "fill out" the track perfectly

Thanks so much Boydie, I'm glad you liked the song and I love the 'Danny Elfman" vibe comparison. I also like your idea of adding more of the tom toms to fill it out. If you get a chance, let me know what you think of the new version. Thanks again, CS

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 12:45:15 PM »
Hi @crystalsuzy I took a listen to the new version - It sounds more of a slick production now to me - A fab song  :)
Thanks John, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to the new version and that you think it sounds slicker.

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2021, 08:41:09 PM »
Really great work, so much to take in.

Some of the lyrics occasional feel a bit direct for me but then you drop a great line like "Home of the Afraid". I love the interjections in the production, dragging the focus back to the message. Giving multiple points of view to direct the listener towards what you are saying.

The vocal effects and speaking sections are all really well done. Just an amazing collage   of sounds, words and melody. I love the freedom you show, to get the message over.

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 12:32:46 PM »
Hola @crystalsuzy

the rhythm of your song invites the group to march singing those words so clear and full of reaction.
I have tried to listen to your other version but it is not possible, the link does not work.

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow