konalavadome

Don't Tell Me Now

• 20 Replies

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2021, 09:22:51 PM »
Hey - I like this! Clever concept and execution... The track is very well put together and performed...

You make it sound easy - but I bet it wasn't really!

Welcome to the forum!

Karen

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2021, 09:40:31 PM »
@ChrisPrice
Yeah definitely a whole album would be a head wrecker. I don't like sticking to any particular genre when writing. I have written country and western songs, heavy metal, rock, pop and anything that might challenge me. Not saying that any of them were good but it just makes it more interesting. :D

@MonnoDB
Thanks for the listen and comments. After a few attempts using Vocaloid, ya soon learn how to tame the beast. Not that hard really. Prefer if I could sing myself but then again I wouldn't be singing that song  :D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 08:49:59 AM »
Well that was interesting - vocal is great, especially the harmonies (they say that siblings sound best together, probably clones sound even better!)

The song is great too, although I found it a bit hard to catch the lyrics - really poppy and infectious though. My one thought was that the drums perhaps sounded a bit thin in places, and it would be more dancy with some more beef and variation in that department.

Welcome - sounds like you will get lots out of this forum and also have a lot to give. Look forward to hearing more from you!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 10:58:30 AM »
Hello @sweeny500 and welcome to the forum.

It makes me wonder where we are heading.  It's quite fascinating to see that this can be done.  There's also still a very human element in putting the song together re decisions about musical notes and progressions including the dynamics of the song. 

It really does make me wonder what might be achieved and how this will effect the prominence of singer songwriters. 

Super clear production here and a really interesting listen.

Paul

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 05:06:16 PM »
@adamfarr
Ah they're not clones, they have their own little personalities, bless em :))
Yeah spot on with the drums, I'm no expert by any means at mixing.
I envy anybody who can get into eq'ing and compression properly. I just hack at it and hope for the best.
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I like that. It's really useful

@Wicked Deeds
Thanks! I think there will always have to be human input, well for the next 100 yrs maybe, so we're ok for now.
Glad you liked the production. First shot at this electro dance stuff. Not my normal stuff.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 06:05:31 PM »
@sweeney500

Hi, never heard of this vocaliser :P, quite an interesting sound, it works well with this synth pop song. The song is good and ticks all the boxes. Well put together and the mix sounds good to me!

Nice one, look forward to see what else you can do 8)

Cheers

Jamie