Don't Tell Me Now

• 20 Replies

sweeny500

• Busker
« on: February 25, 2021, 10:27:19 PM »
First timer here. Hello! This song uses Yamaha Vocaloid as vocals. No humans involved. We're on the way out ya know. I cannot sing for peanuts so I resorted to electronic voices to see how the song sounds melodically before letting a real human at it (or not). But I just got attached to this one 'as is'. This is about as far away as you can get from 'one-man-and -his-guitar' style so its not everyone's cuppa. Nice to hear comments
https://soundcloud.com/user-685186175/dont-tell-me-now

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 08:36:46 AM »
Hi there, I’ve never heard synth vocals done like that. Wow, scary! Mind you’ve done very well with the melody and technical mastery of this. A really well layered electro pop backing track.Really interesting stuff.

If you join in on the forum you will get a bit more interest in your own stuff, by the way. Cheers 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 10:29:54 AM »
Hey Michael, thanks for the feedback. BTW I just downloaded your ebook and....wow, you're a man of many words. I bet you could, and do, write some interesting lyrics. Thanks again

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »
Hi @sweeny500 , thanks for downloading the book. Hope you enjoy it, and all the best 👍
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 07:39:27 PM »
Very nice mix and beautiful voice!  I really like the vibe and the synths.
Beautiful and melodic song. Pleasure to listen to.

Maya

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 07:48:33 PM »
Thanks Maya. Was listening to your 'sugar coated waltz' last night and it is superb. My robots are no match for your voice. HaHa. Keep up the good work.

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 08:53:30 PM »
@sweeny500  a really fun piece of robot pop - ace! The vocal works really well so don’t apologise! I’d be tempted to robotify a little more and really make it a feature... Very hooky, love those little synth slide downs... that ‘down to the club, no’ section is great... it makes me think of the gossip mongers pod cast😁... really cool track... as mentioned, make comments on other people’s stuff, it’s a great community on here, I’m pretty new and people give so much if you’re willing to engage👍 Looking forward to hearing more from you
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »
Thanks @Man Made Material. And there was me trying to humanise the robots. I getya with the gossip mongers. You're right it does. Thanks for all the valuable advise.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:51:24 PM by sweeny500 »

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 02:09:06 PM »
Really interesting use of synth voice: I must check out Yamaha Vocaloid, might work for female backing vocals!

This is a really solid pop song and moves along very nicely with a relaxed vibe. Nice work, even without the robo-vocals, but made all the more interesting by having them in there.

Kevin

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
Hi @kevysc  Thanks for the comments. The the Vocaloid program has a shallow learning curve. Simply draw out your notes, double-click any note to insert word(s). It is great for backing Vocals. It must be easy if I can use it  ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2021, 12:24:32 AM »
Hi and welcome sweeny500 :) This is very catchy melodic song and the robotic vocals are really interesting. Hopefully this is not the way of the future,
but I certainly enjoyed listening to your song. I would definitely like to try this software in a tune or two of mine, as I don't have the best voice either :o
You've done a great job on the backing track, so keep them coming :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2021, 08:40:33 AM »
Clever stuff indeed. It's interesting as a lot of the modern stuff these days has so much vocal processing that it's hard to differentiate between a human and a robot  ;D Nicely put together

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2021, 09:38:25 AM »
@crystalsuzy
Thanks for the listen and comments. No, I don't think humans are replaceable as vocalists and I hope it doesn't go that way. I tried and tried to sing myself, had lessons (can't remember if tutor or I gave up first). So, I resort to session singers on the net or use Vocaloids (sounds like a medical condition you might get a cream for over the counter  ;D).

@pompeyjazz
Yes, a serious amount of processing going on in the modern pop world, even with singers that are really good and don't need it. I tried out one of those 'voice straighteners' to help me sing in tune but I even got that confused :-\. Thanks for the comments 

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2021, 06:05:32 PM »
@sweeny500
Catchy piece of electro pop.
Takes a while to acclimatise to the vocals, which somehow give a far eastern feel..
Has the feel of an advert in there somewhere, product placement = £££?
:-)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

ChrisPrice

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2021, 08:40:07 PM »
I always fancied a try with Vocaloid. It makes this song sound Japanese, not that I mind that. It works really well here though I'm not sure I could handle a whole album of it! It's a clever pop song with a really good arrangement. Not really what I normally listen to but I can't fault this. :)