I’m here

• 20 Replies

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 09:48:30 PM »
Well @man made material, that had me quaking in my boots at the beginning. I had my headphones on but kept looking behind me, just to be sure. Very atmospheric and it demands your attention all the way through which it should do. Great stuff

PeteS

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2021, 11:18:44 AM »
@man made material I agree with most of the comments, it’s very well put together but for me, it doesn’t reach the heights of some of your earlier stuff.  Sorry :(
New album out now - Wrong Time, Wrong Place : https://open.spotify.com/album/7AKxi8xiendb9dY22v4QnP?si=AR0VZ1pjSDOwVosifVd_sA
Instagram @echodogsofficial

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2021, 09:39:08 AM »
@sweeny500  😂hope it wasn’t too terrifying! Thanks for giving it a go
@PeteS  bugger, I guess it’s not always going to work... can you put your finger on what you felt was missing or was it just more a general feeling of ‘meh’? Cheers👍
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 11:39:03 AM »
Really dramatic, and the three sections work just as planned. Super stuff. The vocal and breaths are really effective (I made a joke the other day about breathing on records and I take it all back).
I think the "up close" mic technique is quite popular these days (on one track - can't remember which - someone said they wanted to feel as if the recording was done under the covers, and so they did). Billy Eilish does something similar - but she really does then layer huge amounts of vocal harmonies on top which is something also to try at the right time and place.
Anyhow, this is a brilliant track as it is, congrats.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 02:40:54 PM »
@man made material

Hi, I really enjoyed it!. I got the Pink Floyd vibe, but also a touch of Ultravox, except at the breakdown they would have struck up the drum machine and driven it a bit more, but I got the vibe you were aiming for. I also liked the vocals. Great synths too.

Very enjoyable

Cheers

Jamie

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2021, 01:44:53 PM »
@adamfarr  cheers sir for your kind words!🙏 There’s a brilliant video of Billie and Finneas discussing ’bad guy’ I just love how they explain how they built the track... it’s properly inspiring... that multi-multi-layered vocal is something I’d like to try... I think it requires a lot of patience!
@Jamie  thanks!🙏 I did try a number of different things in that break down and stripped them back out again... in fact there were quite a lot of extra layers generally that I put in and then stripped back out again, I felt I had to be strict to not over-do it...
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...