New song - Reflection

• 25 Replies

5 guys named Lars

• Solo Gig
    • 5 Guys Named Lars- Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »
This is really rather great @Jamie . Interesting chord progressions as always from you & I love the spooky weirdness production at 1.40 & again at the end. You`ve got such a great voice too which helps. Cracking song. :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 05:30:40 PM »
Hi all, thanks for listening 8)
@MichaelA

Hi, No sorry, no stolen riffs I'm afraid.....I'll get me coat.....Hymn like, its been a long time since anyone said that about my songs, used to get it quite regularly when I first started :o. Thanks for your kind comments.

@PaulAds

Hi Paul,  :D The whole 9(th) yards  ;D ;D. My lyrics are almost never a direct telling of a story, unlike yours which as I've said before are very human and touching when required. I try to work with imagery. ie I visualise a scene and try to describe what might be being thought or happening without 'telling'. If that makes any sense :o :P. Thanks for the kind words about the instrumentation and backing.

@5 guys named Lars

Hi, great comments thanks so much! I think the spooky weirdness is me singing though a multitude of effects and guitar effects, got to do something to disguise my voice :o 8).

Cheers

thanks for listening!

Jamie

sweeny500

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 08:15:48 PM »
@Jamie Very airy and relaxing vibe. Those chord changes and vocals following them, well I wouldn't know where to start. You obviously know your stuff and it's apparent in this song. I'm all calm now  ;D

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 03:21:41 PM »
@sweeny500

Hi, sorry for putting you to sleep.... ;D. Thanks for your kind words, I wish I did know more stuff.... ;)

Thanks for listening!

Cheers

Jamie

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
@Jamie  this a very slick piece of work, it has a lovely melancholy feel - and yes it skims the edge of space a little at times too!... I like the double vocal on the ‘you can trust me’ section... I feel super chilled and somewhat sad now... nicely done 👍
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »
@man made material

Thanks for listening, it's appreciated. Yes my wife says my music wants to make her cry too.... :( ;) Yes I think some of those chords add to the feel and space of the song, glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers and thanks for your kind words

Jamie

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2021, 04:26:22 PM »
Instantly @Jamie you really do have your own style, so good to hear those BV's, kind of reminded me of Dreamlike, another lovely piece.

Love your melody lines you tease out, production good too, although the piano L sounds a little high in the mix in my cans.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2021, 01:56:31 PM »
@cowparsleyman

Hi Rich, I'll go back and look for your piano comment in the mix! Great comments, thank for taking the time to comment! 8)

Cheers

jamie

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »
Hi there - really like the piano, those chords give fantastic depth; the harmony vocals sound amazing too. I'm also not a big fan of vocals following backing (though I know in prog rock this is more usual) so perhaps not my fave of yours for that.

I really like the phrases "my laws will protect you ... you'll do what I let you" - good stuff.

Andyb

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 04:40:00 PM »
I like this sort of 80s melody but with 90s instruments. It's very cool. Very well.played and the production is top notch

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2021, 03:49:38 PM »
Hi, thanks for listening!

@adamfarr

Hi Adam, yes the song is built around the idea of the space implied by the chords. Glad you enjoyed it and mentioned the lyrics!

@Andyb

Hi, thanks for the production comment I'm self taught so its always nice to get a positive comment! Especially as your recordings always sound great!

Thanks guys!

Cheers

Jamie