konalavadome

Increasing listeners in the online space

• 1 Replies

The Holographic Rodeo

• Busker
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« on: January 03, 2021, 10:27:22 AM »
I appreciate this is one of those impossible tasks, but I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately, and was curious about whether anyone here has found any strategies that have they found particularly fruitful for them in getting their songs heard online?

I’ve tried a number of things over the last few months — I’ve been on submithub and used it to get added to some peoples playlists and blogs - but that has attracted 3 or 4 listens at most.. I’ve also tried to make cover versions of songs / play well known guitar solos on Youtube in the hope that people stumble on those and then click through to other music on my channel, but that hasn’t really worked at all as hardly anyone has clicked through and listened to the cover songs in the first place :)

Has anyone else tried anything different or unusual - and has it been notably useful/un-useful? Would love to hear. At the minute I really am starting from scratch on this - I have a bit of material built up but only a handful of listeners.

(I suspect this thread might have cropped up before, though I couldn't find anything on a quick scan through the recent posts - so feel free to point me to an old thread if this one has already been hashed out)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 10:28:56 AM by The Holographic Rodeo »

devilhoned

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 01:09:42 PM »
Hi
Why are you trying to get your music heard online?
Looking for publishing for your songs,or sync opportunities?
If you can focus on what you want from online listens..there are a thread or few that touches on this--anything with social media or SoundCloud in the title (or the names of other music sharing sites)--but most posters detail a strong idea of what they want online