konalavadome

Your Aura Glows

• 17 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: January 21, 2021, 07:44:26 AM »
Hi everyone......My recordings are the greatest, but I hope you like the song, anyways!
Thanks!!
                    -T

“Your Aura Glows”
 By Tom Tognaci
https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14181473

I can see it in your eyes
I feel it in my toes
I can hear it in your voice
Everybody knows
You can’t hide it
Your body language shows
Can’t deny it
True love always grows
Being young and a foolish heart
Your aura glows

There’s that something in your laugh
That lingers in your smile
And the way you float on clouds
As thin as your denial
You can’t hide it
Your body language shows
Can’t deny it
True love always grows
Being young and a foolish heart
Your aura glows
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 08:13:41 AM by IronKnee »
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 07:59:39 AM »
@IronKnee  I really really like this, great melody and some really great lyrics too - ‘ You can’t hide it Your body language shows’ - that’s good!👍 I really like how you treat your excellent vocals too, is it only double tracked or something else too? Anyway it gives a really nice eerie haunting quality to it... it makes me think of Tunng who are ace! Very nice sir!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »
Oh and top whistling too!😁
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:52 PM »
@IronKnee

Hi, lovely song, enjoyed it. Great production, the guitars and vocals sounded really good to me!

Nice one!

Jamie

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:26:52 PM »
This is a wonderfully pleasant listen. The way that you are picking the guitar just moves the song perfectly.

I agree about the whistling and about the vocal treatment.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2021, 03:53:55 PM »
@IronKnee
Shades of Crosby Stills and Nash here. Weirdly your voice on this reminds me of Graham Nash and he was the English one! The guitar playing is absolutely beautiful(love the hammer-ons) and  the simplicity of the arrangement with your lovely vocals is a magical combination. Not so keen on the harsh sounding solo at the end - I think it breaks the spell and is really at odds with the rest of the song. I would change that - it kind of spoils what is otherwise a lovely thing. The lyrics are direct and simple but effective. I particularly like this bit:
"And the way you float on clouds
As thin as your denial" - that's first class writing in my book.
You are one of my favourite people on this forum and solo apart, I thought this was magic.
M

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2021, 04:38:56 PM »
I thought I already commented on this. It is beautiful. And because I apparently didn't follow through on my comment, Alan @montydog beat me to remarking on that great line "...clouds as thin as your denial". The title is great! Creative, original.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 04:13:27 AM »
@IronKnee  I really really like this, great melody and some really great lyrics too - ‘ You can’t hide it Your body language shows’ - that’s good!👍 I really like how you treat your excellent vocals too, is it only double tracked or something else too? Anyway it gives a really nice eerie haunting quality to it... it makes me think of Tunng who are ace! Very nice sir!👌

Hi MMM.......Thanks for listening and commenting. The vocals are two tracks recorded separately. I'm basically singing along with myself. No difference in the treatment of those two tracks.
I'm glad you liked it! Thanks, again,
                                                              -T

@IronKnee

Hi, lovely song, enjoyed it. Great production, the guitars and vocals sounded really good to me!

Nice one!
Jamie

Thanks Jamie.........I really appreciate it!

This is a wonderfully pleasant listen. The way that you are picking the guitar just moves the song perfectly.

I agree about the whistling and about the vocal treatment.

thanks Unclenny..........most appreciated. Thanks for looking in!

@IronKnee
Shades of Crosby Stills and Nash here. Weirdly your voice on this reminds me of Graham Nash and he was the English one! The guitar playing is absolutely beautiful(love the hammer-ons) and  the simplicity of the arrangement with your lovely vocals is a magical combination. Not so keen on the harsh sounding solo at the end - I think it breaks the spell and is really at odds with the rest of the song. I would change that - it kind of spoils what is otherwise a lovely thing. The lyrics are direct and simple but effective. I particularly like this bit:
"And the way you float on clouds
As thin as your denial" - that's first class writing in my book.
You are one of my favourite people on this forum and solo apart, I thought this was magic.
M

Thanks M.......it means a lot coming from you.
The electric was a bit of a last minute "thing". It sounded good in my head, but am a bit uncertain about it, still.
Thanks for the support.

I thought I already commented on this. It is beautiful. And because I apparently didn't follow through on my comment, Alan @montydog beat me to remarking on that great line "...clouds as thin as your denial". The title is great! Creative, original.

Thanks CaliaMoko..........I appreciate it. I'm fond of that line, as well  ;-)
                                                          -IronKnee

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 12:52:21 PM »
it's probably been said
but I hear a Paul Simon influence
super proficient skills as ever!

Well done
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2021, 09:38:41 PM »
Loved this @IronKnee Lovely picking and thought the dual vocals were great. It gave it a kind of S&G vibe. Great melody as well and liked the simplicity of the arrangement. I'm always torn about songs with whistling in them. I thought it worked well on this one but now I'll be thinking about Ronnie Ronalde for the rest of the evening  ;D

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 04:49:10 AM »
it's probably been said
but I hear a Paul Simon influence
super proficient skills as ever!

Well done

Thanks for listening and commenting!
And I sure do like S&G...for sure!

a smooth lovely song, good harmonies, a sweet one !
a smooth lovely song, good harmonies, a sweet one !

Thank you very much!

Loved this @IronKnee Lovely picking and thought the dual vocals were great. It gave it a kind of S&G vibe. Great melody as well and liked the simplicity of the arrangement. I'm always torn about songs with whistling in them. I thought it worked well on this one but now I'll be thinking about Ronnie Ronalde for the rest of the evening  ;D
Thanks Pompyjazz.........I appreciate you listening and commenting. I'm going to have to you tube Ronnie Ronalde ;-)

And thanks to everyone who has listened!!
                                                                             -Tom
                                                          -IronKnee

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
Very tuneful indeed - the whistling really pushes home the melody, great choice.
I tend not to like doubled vocals but I really liked them here, very tight indeed. Great picked guitar - I also wasn't sure about the slightly shrill electric...
Simple but effective lyrics with some great lines as others have said - another really good one from you.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 09:22:12 AM »
Wow! This is really, really good. Love the guitar playing, there is a wistfulness to the vocals and the lyrics are first rate. CSN( and even Y) would be proud to have recorded this !

Kevin

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz