The Jagged Coast

• 2 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: January 19, 2021, 06:03:57 PM »
Almost 8 years ago, I wrote a collection of 12 songs which I mainly sketched and placed in a folder called 'The Jagged Coast' on an external hard drive. Well you know how things can get lost and it would be terrible to lose them forever should the hard drive fail.  Those compositions have been hiding away since their conception.  It was always my intention to revisit this suite of songs and produce them properly.  Well, time moved on and every time I thought about delivering a quality production, I couldn't face the task as the songs were quite clearly my reflections on the end of my marriage after 26 years.  With the exception of "Shipwrecked' and 'In Prayer'  the folder is filled with very rough recordings that were made in a tiny bedroom where I stayed at my sisters house when my marriage ended.  It's a shame to hide them all away and so I have included 10 of those songs on my soundcloud page under the aforementioned album title.  It's an album written out of necessity.  Feel free to listen to one or two tracks.  It would be a shame for no one to ever hear my ramblings. If not for the intense pain that the songs reflect, I'd say that it's almost cool to find a 'lost album'.

If I could say I favoured any of the songs, I would mention  'shipwrecked', 'believe in Christmas', 'no one to sing to'  and 'we lost our way'.

Paul

https://soundcloud.com/pvasey1/sets/th-jagged-coast
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 06:11:48 PM by Wicked Deeds »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 08:51:23 AM »
Hi Paul, took a quick listen on a couple of these, and I really like the stripped back style, it suits your vocal style very well, some lovely melody lines, very nice indeed.

Rich

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
@cowparsleyman,

Thanks Rich, they are all dear to me, despute the awful time that they represent. A big part of me wants to bring them all to life with new production. Who knows, maybe one day. 🤔

Paul