Eden

• 17 Replies

Andyb

« on: January 14, 2021, 04:29:20 PM »
My old band from the 90s recently got back together albeit remotely (covid restrictions aside) we are literally spread from top to bottom of the UK now. This is a song we have just completed. Lyrics are in the video. A tale of obsessive love in a guitar pop rock stylee !

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 04:39:47 PM »
This good stuff @Andyb! The hook is terrific and easy to remember, the guitars are nice and the drums smashy, and your vocals is brilliant as always!

Andyb

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 12:40:24 PM »
This good stuff @Andyb! The hook is terrific and easy to remember, the guitars are nice and the drums smashy, and your vocals is brilliant as always!
thanks for the feedback

Unclenny

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 03:49:17 PM »
Nice song.....slick production. You guys are tight.
"The main thing is to have a gutsy approach....but use your head." Julia Child

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?band

Andyb

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:03:42 PM »
Nice song.....slick production. You guys are tight.
I'll take that as a massive compliment considering we were never all in the same room at any point during the writing or recording of this song.... it was all done over a what's app chat lol

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 06:55:35 PM »
Hola @Andyb

Great sound and song, love the guitars and the tension they give here. This line is fine
"she is running through my veins again" and this part is full of strength.

Stay safe

Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

The Holographic Rodeo

• Busker
  • Singer/songwriter & home-recorder
    • Bandcamp site containing my latest EP and previous 2019 album
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 10:32:02 AM »
God I loved the 90s went it came to rock music! The production here is so good - I’m curious how you recorded and mastered this as it really comes off as a great professional sounding track. Some nice tension in the guitar parts and a good interesting song structure here.

Andyb

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
God I loved the 90s went it came to rock music! The production here is so good - I’m curious how you recorded and mastered this as it really comes off as a great professional sounding track. Some nice tension in the guitar parts and a good interesting song structure here.
I don't really know what to say other than all of us are keen recording enthusiasts with our own set ups and one of us is a bit more than that and has mixing and mastering skills. My set up is pretty basic (bass and vocals) however I set up the master guide track and everyone else laid down their parts in their own home then we sent it all off to the guitarist with the mixing and mastering skills and he pulled it all together. It's all just spare bedroom stuff though and it was all done in about a couple of weeks

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 04:06:35 PM »
Hi @Andyb ,
Considering how you recorded this, I am amazed at how good this sounds. I would never have known. The song is good and the lead vocal is very strong. The arrangement is spot on - very hooky and powerful. Top notch stuff - you guys should put out an EP.
M

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »
Good old rock song, just can;t beat em and this is definitely a good one, loved the guitars at the intro, thought the drums sounded a little bit dull though...doesn't detract from the song the..talent shines through.
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 06:51:53 PM »
@Andyb  You guys clearly know what you’re doing! Great hooks, great sounds, great production, a little nod to Biffy Clyro maybe?... quality quality quality!👌
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
Obviously I have a close relationship with Eden so had to comment. Love those guitars (hint of cowboy) and the synths (spacey). Space cowboy then... Great Wall of sound as always but those details give some nice interest and individuality.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
Hi, very good song, enjoyed it. Guitars sounded great, I felt the drum sound could have been stronger/airier, it sounded as if it had been recorded on a different room......lol. Touch of the Biffy sound on the vocals, I wish I could sing like Simon!

Good stuff!

Jamie

Andyb

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 01:31:00 PM »
@Jamie it's called being Scottish lol - but I am very aware to keep my accent in my vocals, nothing pains me more to hear people singing in an American accent when they aren't American

Maya Clars

• Solo Gig
  • Follow me on Instagram (@mayaclars)
    • mayaclars.com
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 06:05:52 PM »
Excellent guitar sound, awesome bass. The video is also beautiful.
I really like the line "She is running through my veins again". I can say it's powerful and inspiring.
This is so beautiful rock music, wow!

Maya